BI Developer – DAZN – UK 1371
Are you looking for the next challenge in your BI career? Does the opportunity to use your expertise to innovate new ways that Business Intelligence can bring about improvements to decision-making across a business sound like a challenge you would love to get stuck into?
At DAZN, data and technology are the beating heart of the business. We are pushing technical boundaries and transforming the world of sports broadcasting with our leading OTT sports streaming platform. As we rapidly grow and expand into new markets, our Business Intelligence team are playing a key role in supporting the design and architecture of a maturing Power BI environment across all areas of the business.
If you like solving technical problems and work in an engineering culture where we believe anything is possible, then this is the place to be! Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Provide support & assistance toward the design and architecture of a maturing Power BI environment
- Work with cross functional teams to define and develop robust data models from complex data sets
- Building, testing, delivering & supporting Power BI solutions
- Train users on data discovery, report creation and usage
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders through the delivery of consistent & supportable Power BI solutions
- Ability to understand the nature of business systems and processes, third party products and data sources
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and communicate analysis and findings in clear & concise manner
HERE ARE SOME SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL IN YOUR ROLE:
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, or visualizations/dashboarding
- Demonstrable expertise with the Power BI platform & supporting technologies
- Good working knowledge of DAX/R
- Extensive DB development experience with stored procedures, query tools and scripting, e.g. various versions of SQL (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres), XML files (internal and external via FTP) direct from Excel
- First rate T-SQL skills including creating stored procedures, views, and indexes as well as performance tuning queries
- Data warehouse design and development using multi-dimensional modelling techniques
- Experience working within in an Agile environment is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to form strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
- Continuous improvement
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.