Broadcast Distribution Manager (UK 2303)
Does putting your stamp on a new Content Distribution process and managing high profile, global sports brands sound like a great next step in your Broadcast career? If you are looking to use your varied operational and technical expertise to delivery high quality sports content as well as becoming an integral influencer in working with stakeholders to align our new processes, then joining DAZN can help fulfil your career aspirations.
DAZN are pioneering an OTT streaming platform which is transforming the world of sports broadcasting! Our Distribution team manage all aspects of our live content distribution processes. Your important part in this will be to work closely with areas like WTA, FIBA and Matchroom boxing to manage the technical and operational aspects of receiving and delivering high quality, live broadcast content. You will also have an interesting commercial steer in your role, by managing vendor and 3rd party relationships and working closely with stakeholders to drive the processes forward.
If you share our passion for media technology and are interested in shaping the future of sport then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage the technical and operational aspects of our content distribution process, playing a key role in ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Work closely with the Broadcast operations team, ensuring that content is delivered to meet the required technical specifications and workflows
- Act as a main point of contact between customers, vendors, content providers and internal groups such as Live Engineering, Projects, MCR, Bookings Infrastructure, Broadcast Services, Coverage Team, Finance and Legal
- Get involved in pre-sales technical support and deliver your expertise to commercial teams. You’ll advise on tech specs and customer requirements and support face to face meetings, RFPs and business plans
- Take ownership of the development of DAZN’s content acquisitions strategy and focus on high quality reliable and cost efficient sourcing of content.
- Collaborate and co-ordinate with suppliers and partners to achieve an efficient process and SLA system
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THESE AREAS?
- A background in Broadcast Engineering and an understanding of a range of delivery technologies eg fibre, satellite, IP, MPEG, DVB, ASI and OTT
- Service Management and managing international projects and vendors and contracting SLAs
- Delivering operational metrics and reporting for incident prevention and the co-ordination of rapid resolution of content delivery and distribution network issues
- Building strong relationships between internal teams to move projects forward.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience planning and delivering technical projects to tight deadlines and budgets
- Interest and experience in OTT live services over IP and CDN networks
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.