Broadcast Engineer – (UK 1560)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Perform is looking for highly motivated and passionate engineers to join a new team supporting all aspects around the live production of Super feeds delivered from global sporting events.
You will help maintain the broadcast infrastructure and support the operational staff in delivering the product to a high standard. The role expands to monitoring the global acquisition of events and working with providers to ensure the seamless reception of content into our facility in IP. You will help test the delivery of the outputs before being distributed in IP over the Perform Sports Cloud to multiple broadcasters globally and then monitored.
Although the primary function is to support the live production elements of events, there will be opportunities to work on projects covering research, design, development, integration, testing, installation and creating or updating existing documentation for all major developments to Perform Groups production and broadcast infrastructure.
If you are passionate about Broadcast and Media technologies then this is a fantastic time to be joining us!
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Maintain live broadcast production systems
- Support operational staff to achieve a high standard of production.
- Configure routing and video switchers for events.
- Assist operators in setting up audio desk configurations for each event
- Setup and management of archive and replay systems.
- Provide regular maintenance of broadcast production equipment
- Work with broadcast project teams to design and implement new systems.
- Monitor the global acquisition and distribution of signals in IP
- Provide broadcast quality assurance on all content whether live or file based
- Maintenance of RF Ingest Facilities
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- 2-3 years experience in a broadcast environment being confident in working under pressure to resolve issues during live broadcasts
- Ability to manage broadcast projects and builds.
- A willingness to travel local and worldwide if required and work hours which may include weekends and evenings to cover major events
- An understanding of broadcast systems such as Dataminer / ScheduAll / Evertz / Ross / Grass Valley / Bridgetech / Appear TV / Multicast Transport Streams
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Drive & Energy – Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Analytical thinking – Able to simplify problems, processes or projects into component parts and evaluate them systematically.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal and share knowledge
- Communicating with impact – Ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Flexibility & Adaptability – Rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
WE HOPE YOU’LL EMBRACE & CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CULTURE AT PERFORM
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the words that describe what it’s like working at Perform; respectful, collaborative, innovation, disruptive, inclusive, empowering, hard-work and rewarding.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE REWARDS & BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking at our Feltham offices.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!