Broadcast Systems Engineer (UK 1149)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Perform is looking for engineers to join a rapidly growing broadcast engineering team working on implementation of new projects across Perform’s live content platform. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in, and influence, our global broadcast platform design. Candidates must be passionate about broadcast, network engineering and IP based media related technology with a proactive and can do attitude.
The department carries out design, development, maintenance and support of our live streaming, satellite ingest facilities and global video network platform which operates in a 24/7 broadcast environment.
In addition to broadcast and IP network skills, candidates will ideally have previous knowledge or experience of streaming media technology, contribution & distribution compression technology and understanding of satellite communications.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
• Set up and configuration of systems to meet project requirements
• Assist in design of solutions and project definitions
• Ensuring adherence to technical standards
• Document and training on new and legacy systems
• Research of new technologies for service improvement
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
• Experience using and setting up broadcast systems
• Knowledge and experience of DVB MPEG-TS concepts and implementation
• Experience of IP video on multicast networks – IGMP, RTP, UDP
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE…
• Experience with change control and ticketing processes
• ScheduALL and Dataminer experience
• Knowledge if Cisco networking (for example, working towards CCNA)
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
• Planning & Organisation – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity
• Drive & Energy – Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job
• Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
• Creativity & Innovation – Questions conventional approaches and encourages new ideas and innovations
• Flexibility & Adaptability – Ability to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities
WE HOPE YOU’LL EMBRACE & CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CULTURE AT PERFORM
At DAZN we’re building a global digital video subscription service, offering live and on-demand sports content across multiple connected devices (web, TV and mobile). We believe in putting the consumer first while providing more sport for a low monthly fee. DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
We have a strong team here with people from Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. And we are working to launch in new global markets every year. Hear from the Tech team on what it is like working for DAZN: http://engineering.dazn.com or have a sneak peak of the DAZN Product here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIZZPJ0xPw
DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the words that describe what it’s like working at Perform; respectful, collaborative, innovation, disruptive, inclusive, empowering, hard-work and rewarding.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE REWARDS & BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking at our Feltham offices.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!