Data Analyst (UK 2572)
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
We’re hiring a quantitative data analyst to join our growing data science and analytics team at Opta. The location for this role can be flexible, but candidates based in London are preferred. This analyst will work on a growing multidisciplinary team that is responsible for the development and implementation of advanced sport metrics. The analytics team builds data science models, logic, and metrics based on sport data. Those data and metrics are then sold through Opta’s API and user interfaces to external customers in the media and professional sports.
On the job you will have a major influence over the definition and use cases for new metrics. We are looking for someone who relishes the design process and can work with high autonomy. This is an individual contributor role that will have opportunities to work on high impact and new projects.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Adhoc analytics projects with media, pro, and broadcast clients
- Identify metrics and product opportunities in the market
- Define metrics on top of raw and enriched Opta data
- Distribute and dogfood our metrics internally
- Blog about the work we’re doing Podcast about the work we’re doing
- Develop a close working relationship with the other analysts, data scientists, and engineers on the team
- Help build the team’s best practices with regards to data analysis
Contribute to an inquisitive, respectful, and fun work environment
- See the outputs of your work being sold in the market
- Work on a consulting project for a professional sports team
- Work on an analytics segment to support a broadcast production
- Blog about some of the analytics work you’ve accomplished
- Begin to learn data science and data engineering concepts to supplement your work
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 2+ years of data analysis
- Experience coding in python and/or r
- Experience writing sql queries
- An interest in applied sport analytics
- An interest in data science and machine learning
- An understanding of how data is used by professional sports teams and in the media
- Organised, creative, know how to ask for help
TECHNOLOGIES YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
- Relational sql databases
- NoSQL databases
- Confluence and Jira
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
Perform is the complete sports content provider. With over 1500 employees in 30+ global territories, we work with our partners and customers to change the way people experience sport around the world.
We create, collect and distribute cutting-edge sports data via Opta, performance data and tools to drive on-pitch success through OptaPro, sports news and content through Omnisport, and high-quality betting content through Perform Betting, all of which are underpinned by our globally trusted integrity operation.
By delivering more content, quicker, more accurately and in more detail than anyone else, we allow our customers to create experiences that engage fans and drive revenues.
THE BENEFITS YOU WILL ENJOY WHEN YOU JOIN WILL INCLUDE…
UK Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*
……………..And there’s more…… you’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. There’s also a structured management development programme for you. *Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more at www.performgroup.com