Data Architect (UK 1011)
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As Data Architect with Perform Group you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the data warehouse and supporting infrastructure. You will mentor and lead the data engineering team, and help the analytics team use the data collected to build and improve user-facing product features.
You will be responsible for choosing optimal solutions to extend the supported data sets and evolve the data warehousing solution; then implementing, monitoring and maintaining within the architecture used across the company.
You will have knowledge of data engineering and analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solutions. It is essential that you have a solid understanding of physical database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Be responsible for evolving the existing ETL pipelines built using Luigi (Python) and Pandas. The backend is a Redshift database and a variety of third party APIs.
- Ensure the infrastructure available is capable of meeting business and scalability
- Architect, design and review the integrations, correcting of errors and optimisations.
- Recommend and deliver ways to improve data efficiency, reliability and performance of ETL
- Oversee the generation of new data products for the BI and Product teams.
- Improve the performance of our Redshift data warehouse.
- Design a new S3 Data Lake using serverless ETL processes
- Monitor and enhance the performance of the whole pipeline – monitoring using Elasticsearch / Kibana.
- Migrate the ETL process from static EC2 instances to a continuous delivery model – using the technologies you deem best for the job.
- Research new technologies (e.g. real-time streaming analytics, personalisation, social networks) to complement our traditional data warehouse setup.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions in a non-technical manner
- Strong knowledge of API technologies
- Experience using AWS EMR or equivalent Data Lake solutions
- Experience with AWS Glue or Apache Hive
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows with Spark and other Frameworks
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Redshift) and key-value stores (e.g. Redis)
- Experience with Lambda and Kappa Architecture modelling
- Experience modelling unstructured data sources in JSON, AVRO, Parquet formats
- Professional experience with Python (5+ years) or Spark (Scala/Python) (5+ year)
- Experience working with a workflow management tool (e.g. Luigi, Oozie, Airflow, Azkaban…)
- Experience of database design and best practices
- Experience building a Multidimensional Data Model
- Experience understanding how data is ingested from different sources and combined / transformed into a single data set
- Experience of writing solution design documentation
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Experience with working with data on video streaming, user behaviour in web, mobile and set-top-box applications, user retention and churn, online subscriptions
- Experience with Machine Learning for content personalisation
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At DAZN we consider ourselves a progressive, brave, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media streaming company. We have a strong team with experts from Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV.
DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is currently available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.