Data Engineer (UK 1894)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As a Data Engineer at DAZN, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), by the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics and housed within our DAZN Data Warehouse.
You will ensure high quality data across multiple sources and platforms. This data includes customer personal data, service performance data, service usage information. You will be responsible data accuracy and accessibility to the wider business and service delivery partners. It is essential that you have a solid understanding of cloud-based database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
In the longer term, you will deliver the new data architecture for Big Data, Real-Time and Fast Data processing.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Be responsible for evolving the existing ETL pipelines built using Luigi (Python) and Pandas. The backend is a Redshift database and a variety of third party APIs.
- Ensure the infrastructure available can meet the solution requirements.
- Plan, design and conduct tests of the implementations, correcting errors and re-testing to achieve an acceptable result.
- Recommend ways to improve data efficiency and reliability.
- Improve the performance of our Redshift data warehouse.
- Monitor and enhance the performance of the whole pipeline – monitoring using Elasticsearch / Kibana.
- Migrate the ETL process from static EC2 instances to a continuous delivery model – using the technologies you deem best for the job.
- Research real-time streaming analytics to complement our traditional data warehouse setup.
- Oversee the generation of new data products for the BI and Product teams.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions in a non-technical manner
- Strong knowledge of API technologies
- Experience using AWS
- To be proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Experience with MPP databases (Redshift) and key-value stores (e.g. Redis)
- Professional experience with Python (2+ years)
- Big data serverless technologies (Glue, Athena, Spectrum)
- Map-Reduce, Data Lakes (S3, HDFS…)
- Monitoring (CloudWatch, Grafana…)
- CI/CD (Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform…)
- Previous experience working with a Workflow management tool (Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi…)
- Experience of database design and best practices
- Understanding how data is ingested from different sources and combined / transformed into a single data set.
- Experience of writing solution design documentation
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TO…
- Previous experience working with a wokflow management tool (Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi…).
- Experience of writing solution design documentation.
- Data streaming experience (kinesis, Kafka…)
- Visualisation tools (Looker, Tableau…)
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Planning & Organisation – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Self-Awareness – Understanding the impact on others and how to tailor approaches, emotional intelligence.
- Creativity & Innovation – Questions conventional approaches and encourages new ideas and innovations.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value for business.
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At Perform Group we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and good at it too! We have over 2,800 employees with an extensive network of freelance specialists. We have a strong team with experts from Netflix, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. We’re growing rapidly and launching into new global markets every year.
DAZN is our sports streaming service that allows fans to watch their sport, their way, live or on-demand. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN has over 8,000 live events a year and features the widest array of live sports ever offered on one TV service. DAZN can play, pause and rewind anytime with no commercial interruptions and no long-term commitments.
DAZN is currently available in Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. In 2018, we’re soon to be launching in the US and Italy.
You’ll receive up to 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, Childcare Voucher Scheme*, and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to the Perform/DAZN online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in the world.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.