Data Engineer (UK 1894)
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
As a Data Engineer at DAZN, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), by the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics and housed within our DAZN Data Warehouse.
You will ensure high quality data across multiple sources and platforms. This data includes customer personal data, service performance data, service usage information. You will be responsible data accuracy and accessibility to the wider business and service delivery partners. It is essential that you have a solid understanding of cloud-based database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
In the longer term, you will deliver the new data architecture for Big Data, Real-Time and Fast Data processing.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Be responsible for maintaining the existing ETL pipelines built using Luigi (Python) and Pandas. The backend is a Redshift database and a variety of third party APIs.
- Ensure the infrastructure available can meet the solution requirements.
- Plan, design and conduct tests of the implementations, correcting errors and re-testing to achieve an acceptable result.
- Recommend ways to improve data efficiency and reliability
- Oversee the generation of new data products for the BI and Product teams.
- Improve the performance of our Redshift data warehouse.
- Monitor and enhance the performance of the whole pipeline – monitoring using Elasticsearch / Kibana.
- Migrate the ETL process from static EC2 instances to a continuous delivery model – using the technologies you deem best for the job.
- Investigate ways of improving the performance and reliability of the ETL process.
- Research real-time streaming analytics to complement our traditional data warehouse setup.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS…
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions in a non-technical manner
- Strong knowledge of API technologies
- Experience using AWS
- To be proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Experience with MPP databases (Redshift) and key-value stores (e.g. Redis)
- Professional experience with Python (2+ years)
- Big data serverless technologies (Glue, Athena, Spectrum)
- Map-Reduce, Data Lakes (S3, HDFS…)
- Monitoring (CloudWatch, Grafana…)
- CI/CD (Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform…)
- Previous experience working with a Workflow management tool (Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi…)
- Experience of database design and best practices
- Understanding how data is ingested from different sources and combined / transformed into a single data set.
- Experience of writing solution design documentation
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO…
- O Data streaming experience (kinesis, Kafka…)
- Visualisation tools (Looker, Tableau…)
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
With more than 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to the intersection between sports and technology.
We cover just about every aspect of digital sports media. We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, partner with the biggest rights holders including WTA, NFL, FIBA, Matchroom and CONMEBOL, produce the best content and data for broadcasters, media companies, sports teams and sponsors and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
UK Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com