Data Engineer (UK 1659)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As a Data Engineer at DAZN, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), by the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics and housed within our DAZN Data Warehouse.
You will ensure high quality data across multiple sources and platforms. This data includes customer personal data, service performance data, service usage information. You will be responsible data accuracy and accessibility to the wider business and service delivery partners. It is essential that you have a solid understanding of cloud-based database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
In the longer term, you will deliver the new data architecture for Big Data, Real-Time and Fast Data processing.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Be responsible for evolving the existing ETL pipelines built using Luigi (Python) and Pandas. The backend is a Redshift database and a variety of third party APIs.
- Ensure the infrastructure available can meet the solution requirements.
- Plan, design and conduct tests of the implementations, correcting errors and re-testing to achieve an acceptable result.
- Recommend ways to improve data efficiency and reliability.
- Improve the performance of our Redshift data warehouse.
- Monitor and enhance the performance of the whole pipeline – monitoring using Elasticsearch / Kibana.
- Migrate the ETL process from static EC2 instances to a continuous delivery model – using the technologies you deem best for the job.
- Research real-time streaming analytics to complement our traditional data warehouse setup.
- Oversee the generation of new data products for the BI and Product teams.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions in a non-technical manner.
- Strong knowledge of API technologies.
- Experience using AWS.
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows.
- Experience with relational databases (PostGreSOL, Redshift) and key-value stores (E.g. Redis).
- Professional experience with Python.
- Understanding how data is ingested from different sources and combined/transformed into a single data set.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TO…
- Previous experience working with a wokflow management tool (Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi…).
- Experience of writing solution design documentation.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Planning & Organisation – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Self-Awareness – Understanding the impact on others and how to tailor approaches, emotional intelligence.
- Creativity & Innovation – Questions conventional approaches and encourages new ideas and innovations.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value for business.
WE HOPE YOU’LL EMBRACE & CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CULTURE AT PERFORM
At DAZN we’re building a global digital video subscription service, offering live and on-demand sports content across multiple connected devices (web, TV and mobile). We believe in putting the consumer first while providing more sport for a low monthly fee. DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
We have a strong team here with people from Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. And we are working to launch in new global markets every year. Check out DAZN here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIZZPJ0xPw or have a look at our recent campaign for the J-League (football) in Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipo_GDHSzBE
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the words that describe what it’s like working at Perform; respectful, collaborative, innovation, disruptive, inclusive, empowering, hard-work and rewarding.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE REWARDS & BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking at our Feltham offices.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!