Data Engineering, Team Lead (UK 1762)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As Data Engineering, Team Lead, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), by owning the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics and housed within our DAZN Data Warehouse.
You will manage teams of Data Engineers that ensure high quality data across multiple sources and platforms. This data includes customer personal data, service performance data, service usage information. You will be responsible for ensuring that data is accurate and accessible to the wider business and service delivery partners. You will lead the delivery of Data Warehousing solutions, working with the Data Architect to define the work for your team(s), and ensure that the team(s) fully understand the requirements and are set up for success against the committed delivery dates of each individual work stream.
In the longer term, you will be expected to oversee the recruitment of both on-shore and near-shore teams inline with the business strategy defined by the leadership team.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Take ownership of the data management processes for DAZN, ensuring change control of data is managed within the database to maintain the quality and accuracy of data at all times
- Deliver new integrations and system infrastructure projects to expand the data available to Data Warehouse consumers across the business.
- Champion the work of your team by communicating success and improvements to ensure the business is aware of progress made by your team(s).
- Ensure any data sources added to our data warehouse as part of projects defined by other functional areas, meet our agreed quality bar and maintain standards with all external source providers.
- Own the resolution of a range of database support issues, including escalation and response reporting.
- Manage a team of Data Engineers and Technical Staff to deliver on business requirements and your data management strategy, including coaching and mentoring.
- Recruitment and induct new members to your team(s) who both compliment the current skills sets and raise the bar of the team to build high-performing teams.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Degree in Computer Science or have worked in a Data Engineering role in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a fast-paced, data environment
- Proven experience leading successful technology delivery in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Excellent understanding of modern Big Data technologies (namely Hadoop, Kafka, NoSQL), together with previous experience of working within Cloud Based Data Warehousing solutions (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack).
- Experience with administration of large clusters (e.g. understanding resource management on the AWS such as RAM, Memory, IOPs etc (Cloud Watch, SES, SQS))
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with a flexible approach to work with changing deadlines and scope.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- AWS Real-time Pipelines – understanding of micro-batching using services such as Kinesis or Lambda functions
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices by coaching and development skills for technical data engineering teams.
- Expertise of common development methods and tools (incl. Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Rally, Confluence)
- Knowledge of the sports or OTT services sector would be beneficial.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Courage to make smart decisions
- Driven to succeed without being overly ruthless
- Able to focus on the things that matter
- Prepared to challenge your colleagues to make us better
- Honest and straightforward with your communication and open to direct feedback.
- Passionately curious
WE HOPE YOU’LL EMBRACE & CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CULTURE AT PERFORM
At DAZN we’re building a global digital video subscription service, offering live and on-demand sports content across multiple connected devices (web, TV and mobile). We believe in putting the consumer first while providing more sport for a low monthly fee. DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
We have a strong team here with people from Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. And we are working to launch in new global markets every year. Hear from the Tech team on what it is like working for DAZN: http://engineering.dazn.com or have a sneak peak of the DAZN Product here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIZZPJ0xPw
DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the words that describe what it’s like working at Perform; respectful, collaborative, innovation, disruptive, inclusive, empowering, hard-work and rewarding.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE REWARDS & BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking at our Feltham offices.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!