Database Designer (UK 2183) – DAZN
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As a Database Designer at DAZN you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), by the supporting the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics and housed within our DAZN Data Warehouse.
You will take ownership of the implementation and delivery of data models that deliver against the business requirements and implement a better way of working. This role will be initially covering the current platform with a drive to implement more enhanced and structured best practices that drives the business. This role will be a demanding one and fronting up to a number of business teams, however the reward will be in delivering high quality and influencing the business in change
You will have knowledge of data engineering and analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solutions.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Understand and translate business needs into data models on current data platform
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support the new data platform
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new data platform.
- Drive delivery of a data dictionary and deliver continuous support
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to company standards.
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Highly developed knowledge of design principles specific to a Data Warehouse, including handling of history, support for slowly changing dimensions and techniques for addressing performance issues.
- Experience in developing Business, Functional, Non-Functional and reporting requirements into Data Model Components
- Experience in optimizing and updating logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Strong Experience to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Experience in developing best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Experience in Analysing data-related, system integration challenges and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Proven record of translating requirements from stakeholders and challenging their assumptions
- Working knowledge of a visualisation tools e.g. Tableau or Power BI
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong delivery capability – able to get things done, and perform under pressure
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At DAZN we consider ourselves a progressive, brave, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media streaming company. We have a strong team with experts from Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV.
DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is currently available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.