CDN Platform Engineer – DAZN – UK 2373
DISTRIBUTION PLATFORM ENGINEER
Are you fascinated by the new world of OTT streaming technology and keen to build on your CDN knowledge by working on unique, diverse and global challenges? Join DAZN’s new Distribution team as we embark on a path of dynamic, ambitious growth and scale as we push CDN boundaries and continue to transform sports broadcasting with our OTT streaming platform!
You’ll have the opportunity to use your eye for the latest OTT and CDN technology trends to influence new procedures and solutions and take ownership of managing the Distribution Platform Technology. With a different challenge every day and oversight of our unique global traffic and OTT user base, this is a fantastic way to expand your technical expertise and gain a broad understanding of the end-to-end CDN lifecycle and how to influence relationships both with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
If it sounds like DAZN could be a great place for you to tackle some exciting technical challenges and progress your broadcast career then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage the technical implementation and policies of the DAZN CDN platform configurations
- Collaborate with the CDN Architect to deliver CDN technology and performance requireents
- Manage the technical on-boarding, configuration and testing of new CDN’s and OTT technologies
- Support the DAZN incident management team to deliver CDN configurations updates and troubleshoot issues
- Provide live event support as required
- Ensure highest performance of DAZN platforms utilising CDN resources
- Management, reporting and tracking of the QoS and QoE performance of CDN vendors
- Ensure procedures and systems are in place with respect to monitoring, SLA reporting, incident escalation, and planned work management
- Collaborate internally to achieve best practice
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A solid knowledge of CDN technologies, understanding of the end-to-end CDN process and caching
- Experience working with Streaming / OTT technologies, Streaming / Delivery Protocols (DASH / HSS / HLS / MSS)
- Experience in approaching the difference in Live Video and VOD at scale
- Understanding of DRM (Digital Rights Management) –Playready / Fairplay / widevine / CEC
- Solid Networking and ISP skills
- Experience working with testing software and managing issues, technical troubleshooting and carrying out a regular testing processes
- An eye for problem solving and working with an analytical, pragmatic approach
- Happy to work collaboratively with the ability to effectively communicate internally to stakeholders / externally to vendors
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of Encoding technologies
- Experiece using CDN consoles
- Understanding of Cloud technologies – AWS / Azure / Google / Private
- Experience in a Media Broadcast environment
- Working with Multi CDN
- Ability to identify and analyse vendors and technologies
- Experience dealing with external vendors
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.