Finance Analyst (UK1722)
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
You will be responsible for providing financial control and analysis to a significant part of Perform. You will be working with the commercial team and reporting directly to the Senior Finance Business Partner, with a dotted line to the Executive Vice-President, Media Sales.
The role will be based in Performs office in Central London, however, travel will be required to Perform’s offices across Europe.
For the right candidate this represents a huge opportunity to be involved in Perform at an exciting time with involvement in all commercial deals for the region. The right candidate will be very proactive and able to form commercial opinions with the ability and poise to communicate and influence all levels of senior management right up the CEO.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- The role will support the modelling and assessing of all potential commercial deals in the region. This will involve working closely with the Sales Directors and their direct reports to provide financial analysis and insight.
Financial Planning & Decision Support
- Develop and review the long-term plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts of both financial and non-financial performance. Working closely with the senior management team in EMEA and reporting back to the Senior Finance Business Partner.
- Preparation of the quarterly management accounts; explaining variances to forecast and budget presenting detailed revenue and cost analysis to deliver insights into the business.
- Through insightful analysis the candidate will be expected to make suggestions and action remedies to improve the operational performance of the division.
Ad Hoc Reporting
- Perform is a fast-moving environment and the successful candidate will be flexible, extremely organized and able to prioritise. Due to the nature of the Perform business and the growth expected in the division being able to keep on top of the work load and manage effectively will be a considerable challenge.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are followed across the region. It will also include control of costs by ensuring they are appropriately tracked and do not exceed targets set.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum of three Bs at A Level and a 2:1 degree in either Mathematics, Engineering, Business Management, Accountancy or Economics
Part or fully qualified in either ACA, CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification.
- Advanced Excel skills, with demonstrable speed in using complex spreadsheets
- Ability to develop relationships and work closely with both financial and non-financial staff
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and precise manner
- Strong commercial acumen
- A strong interest in the sports media and advertising sector
- Extremely organised
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE…
- Planning & Organising – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity
- Communicating with Impact – Ability to effectively exchange information, news, ideas and meaning in a business environment
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE CULTURE AT PERFORM, THEN READ ON…
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the things you can expect working at Perform; collaboration, innovation, ever changing, empowerment, work hard and personal development.
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking is available for Feltham offices. We also have a subsidised canteen at Feltham with Starbucks coffee from £1.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about what we do!
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!!Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!