Head of Data Management (UK 1658)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As Head of Data Management, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), by owning the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics and housed within our DAZN Data Warehouse.
You will be defining and managing the processes that ensure high quality data across multiple sources and platforms. This data includes customer personal data, service performance data, service usage information. You will be responsible for managing the technical staff that ensure that data is accurate and accessible to the wider business and service delivery partners. You will lead and developing our relationship with our stakeholders and external partners in terms of Data.
In the longer term, you will be expected to oversee the vision and direction to align data architecture with business strategy, especially the creation and administration of an Enterprise Infrastructure for Big Data and Fast Data processing.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Take ownership of the data management processes for DAZN, ensuring change control is managed within the database to maintain the quality and accuracy of data.
- Manage a team of Data Engineers and Technical Staff to deliver on business requirements and your data management strategy, including coaching, mentoring and hiring.
- Identify and develop procedures and systems to improve workflow accuracy, validity and efficiency while monitoring and reporting on the quality of the data to the business.
- Ensure any data sources added to our data warehouse as part of projects defined by other functional areas, meet our agreed quality bar and maintain standards with all external source providers.
- Own the resolution of a range of database support issues, including escalation and response reporting.
- Take an active part in the Data, Analytics and Insights leadership team.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- A Degree in Computer Science / STEM subject or have worked in a Data Engineering role in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a fast-paced, data environment.
- Proven experience leading successful technology delivery in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Excellent understanding of modern Big Data technologies (namely Hadoop, Kafka, NoSQL), together with previous experience of working within Cloud Based Data Warehousing solutions (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack).
- Experience with administration of large clusters (e.g. understanding resource management on the AWS such as RAM, Memory, IOPs etc (Cloud Watch, SES, SQS)).
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TO…
- AWS Real-time Pipelines – understanding of micro-batching using services such as Kinesis or Lambda functions.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices by coaching and development skills for technical data engineering teams.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation and presentation skills. Able to develop strong working relationships across the business and at senior level.
- Expertise of common development methods and tools (incl. Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Rally, Confluence).
- Knowledge of the sports or OTT services sector would be beneficial.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Planning & Organisation – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Self-Awareness – Understanding the impact on others and how to tailor approaches, emotional intelligence.
- Creativity & Innovation – Questions conventional approaches and encourages new ideas and innovations.
- Strategy & Direction – Ability to see the big, long-range picture and establish compelling strategy and vision.
WE HOPE YOU’LL EMBRACE & CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CULTURE AT PERFORM
At DAZN we’re building a global digital video subscription service, offering live and on-demand sports content across multiple connected devices (web, TV and mobile). We believe in putting the consumer first while providing more sport for a low monthly fee. DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
We have a strong team here with people from Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. And we are working to launch in new global markets every year. Check out DAZN here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIZZPJ0xPw or have a look at our recent campaign for the J-League (football) in Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipo_GDHSzBE
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the words that describe what it’s like working at Perform; respectful, collaborative, innovation, disruptive, inclusive, empowering, hard-work and rewarding.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE REWARDS & BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking at our Feltham offices.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!