Head of Product (US0106) - New York, USA
DAZN, a live sports streaming service is seeking to bring on board a Head of Product to focus in markets within the North America and Latin America (NALA) region. This role is responsible for leading launch and in life management of DAZN markets to develop a cross functional team of Product, QA, Project and UX to ensure our streaming service is the best in breed OTT application in each region.
Based in our New York office and reporting into Director of Product – New Markets, you will collaborate with teams across operations, finance, marketing, commercial and the executive team in market to help define a global product roadmap that delivers the best product for the NALA region.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. They will be a leader and ensure the best out of their team in market.
So who is Perform? Whats is DAZN?
A part of Perform, a leading global sports media group with access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favorite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN offers a live sports streaming service that allows fans to watch their sport, their way, live or on-demand. With over 8,000 live events a year and features the widest array of live sports ever offered on one TV service. DAZN has the ability to play, pause and rewind anytime with no commercial interruptions and no long-term commitments.
DAZN is currently available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. DAZN is a part of Perform, a leading global sports media group. Visit http://www.dazn.com for more information.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
● Conduct regular requirements gathering and user testing sessions to ensure DAZN is across the audience needs
● Own new territory requirements and the PR FAQ process for a new market launch working with commercial, operations and marketing to align requirements
● Obsession on metrics – using DAZN data services, ensure KPIs are met and raising any issues with global teams for resolution
● Ensure global DAZN build is of the highest quality/answers the requirements for the local market
● Work local agencies to support translation and localisation for new builds and features coming from DAZN
● Work with customer support to represent new features and changes to ensure that help articles and FAQs are up to date and that the CS can support users to the best of their ability
● Support local marketing endeavours to ensure they are able to execute their plans and drive subscriptions
● Work with CRM teams to drive user engagement through Beta programmes and other endeavours in market
● Ensure that in market devices are working to the high level of DAZN’s expectations and highlight issues with global teams as they arise
● Hire and manage local teams to ensure goals and performance reviews are conducted and their pastoral needs are met
● Identify and hire new team members in markets as required
● Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market and consumer electronics, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends
● Extensive travel including regular trips back to London, UK
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
• Solid years of relevant work experience
• Team leadership experience
• Strong requirement composition skills, with experience of Gherkin and writing BDD User Stories and Acceptance Criteria in an Agile environment
• Excellent program organization, product management, and coordination skills
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior management
• Understanding of the challenges of launching products in multiple markets
• Absolute passion for innovation and experience of managing 3rd party partners and suppliers
• Background of delivering business value; improve user and customer experience and providing maximum return on investment
• Pragmatic approach to feature prioritization and compromises between designs and technical capabilities
• Experience of agile methodologies.
• General interest in sport a real advantage.
• Mandarin, German, Japanese language skill sets also an advantage.
● Courage to make smart decisions
● Honest Communication
● Impactful Innovation
● Passionately Curious
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE CULTURE AT PERFORM, THEN READ ON…
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the things you can expect working at Perform; collaboration, innovation, ever changing, empowerment, work hard and personal development.
You’ll receive 15 days of paid annual leave (from the start), 9 paid public holidays, affordable health benefits (dental and vision included), generous sick time package, competitive parental leave, short and long term disability paid by the company, basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company, 401(k), flexible work environment.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to our online learning portal and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also offer a structured management development program as well as opportunities to progress your career overseas.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com!