Graduate Dev Ops Engineer – DAZN – UK 2434
WHATS YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Are you fascinated by the growing and emerging world of Dev Ops technologies? Looking for an opportunity to put your academic background to use in a commercial environment to tackle some complex technical challenges and build your expertise in Cloud and CI / CD tools? By joining the DAZN team, you’ll have the chance to get involved in the early stage build of a growing AWS platform and help pioneer our Dev Ops principals across data engineering and software development teams.
As a Graduate Dev Ops Engineer at DAZN you will play a key role in our new Enterprise Data Management team, supporting the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics housed within our Data Warehouse. Being a champion for automation and monitoring, you will be growing and learning new technologies from day one and help shorten deployment cycles to support our data driven environment.
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging the broadcast industry and giving power back to viewers. This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability both from a user and developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media company!
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our data platform
- Supporting developers and data engineers with their day-to-day work
- Monitor data platform performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments
HERE ARE SOME SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE THAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL IN YOUR ROLE:
- Knowledge of building Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Exposure to configuration management tools
- Comfortable working with Open Source Software
- Exposure to software engineering / systems administration and an understanding of software engineering principals
- Degree qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or a transferrable discipline along with some industry experience in a similar or relevant technical role
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting and infrastructure tooling
- Understanding of infrastructure as code and exposure to technologies such as Chef / Puppet / Terraform / Ansible / Cloudformation
- Knowledge of CI / CD tools such as Jenkins / Drone
- Exposure to Cloud technologies such as AWS / Google Cloud Platform / Microsoft Azure
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment
- Version management knowledge and tools such as Git
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems including Virtualization / Containers
- Certification with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.