Junior Network Engineer (UK 1759)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join our diverse and expanding global network support team. As a junior network support engineer you will provide support within our Leeds Network Operations Centre, delivering technical expertise to the Global Support Teams for incidents, problems, changes and service requests.
You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the highest levels of service and availability within our large global network, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and other data communications systems.
The role requires a solid understanding of Cisco products alongside an in-depth knowledge of routing protocols and VPN’s. You must be eager and quick to learn, be clear communicators and must be able to use their initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
• Aid with the resolution of incidents, problems and changes within business service level targets
• Manage and maintain the Solarwinds Monitoring Systems (these report on the status and performance of Perform’s network, ISP services and facilities).
• Support successful fulfilment of service requests within agreed timelines
• Provide operational cover for the 24/7 NOC team, including occasional shift cover during periods of absence and key business events
• Support development of operational business processes and successful delivery of service improvement opportunities
• Maintenance of Confluence and technical documentation (for Network Support) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
• Participate in a 24×7 weekly rota.
• Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to Perform’s own architecture and platforms.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within an equivalent network support role
• Strong demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining and developing a complex Cisco routing and switching network environment
• Previous demonstrable experience in supporting and maintaining Checkpoint Firewalls
• Experience in F5 Loadbalances within production network environment
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE…
• CCNA or equivalent certification
• Previous experience in development or maintenance of Solarwinds network monitoring solution
• Proven track record within a NOC, IT or ISP environment.
• Experience with switching and internet routing technologies. Strong network diagnostic skills.
• Experience of analysing system and network performance using monitoring and graphical data.
• Experience of diagnosing network and service issues, following them through to resolution.
• Keen to be involved in a wide variety of ISP services.
• Good technical or WIKI documentation skills.
• Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
• Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
• Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
• Learn and Grow – On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills
• Drive & Energy – Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
• Planning & Organising – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
• Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.