MCR Operator (UK 2149)
Want to join the MCR Team at DAZN? (By the way… It’s pronounced “Da-Zone”)
In this role you will ensure the routing for our OTT product is done correctly and that all feeds incoming and outgoing are of the highest quality. When issues inevitably occur, you are expected to troubleshoot to the best of your abilities and report of any impact to service quickly and accurately. Your role will be relatively quiet during the week with a good portion of your time dedicated to reviewing incidents followed by updating documentation and workflows for the future. Working for a sports broadcaster however, you will realise weekends are a different beast – with over 50% of our events all scheduled into the space of two days and tight turnarounds on resources throughout.
You will join a close-knit team that values the desire to learn over previous experience (though both are ideal). We regularly promote internally so this is a wonderful place to start in your DAZN career. We are also proud that despite the workload we try and keep a relatively relaxed atmosphere in the MCR. There’s usually a pot of coffee being passed around the room and an abundance of places within walking distance of the office to take a break for lunch (which is an hour and a half during our standard 12-hour shifts).
If the above seems like a good fit – we’d love to meet you for an interview.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Routing all feeds necessary for smooth delivery of content to the DAZN App.
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing signals to ensure the highest quality to our customers.
- Performing line-ups with on-site contacts and OB teams prior to high profile events.
- Providing first line support for any issues that arise.
- Writing accurate reports on any issues, to be communicated back to the business.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a semi-regular basis.
- A minimum of one year of experience in broadcast.
- Basic understanding of broadcast procedures and processes.
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Speaking a second language is advantageous.
- Any experience within a sports broadcasting role would be beneficial.