NOC Engineer (UK 1873)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
The Network Operation Centre (NOC) have the following main roles:
- to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- to provision customer network services on core equipment
- to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC – our engineers are required to ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, cooperative and professional manner.
They interact frequently with technical support, service provisioning, PCR and MCR teams so it’s important that they are clear and concise in their communications. They also work very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task and prioritise work appropriately.
We don’t expect you to have all the required knowledge when you join us as many of these skills can be picked up through experience in the job, but those who do need to learn new skills must be prepared to spend time doing suitable research to ensure their grounding is thorough and properly understood.
Importantly, our NOC engineers must have a solid understanding of Cisco products and processes; they must be eager and quick to learn, be clear communicators and must be able to use their initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Manage and maintain the Solarwinds Monitoring Systems (these report on the status and performance of Perform’s network, ISP services and facilities).
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on Perform’s systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Maintaining hardware serial audits.
- Facilities maintenance (Monitoring and management of power usage and link utilization, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at Performs POPs).
- Maintenance of Confluence and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to Perform’s own architecture and platforms.
- Support for co-location, customer backup network and ISP services.
- Participate in a 24×7 weekly rota.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Min 12-18 Months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Basic knowledge of the OSI model, switching and internet routing technologies (to junior network administrator level).
- Knowledge of Linux kernel, command line and system diagnostics (to junior sysadmin level).
- Basic understanding of network monitoring concepts and management tools.
- Able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess faults, prioritise, respond and escalate accordingly.
- Capable of multitasking, good time management and prioritisation of workload.
- Clear communicator (both written and verbal).
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Co-operate with other teams
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE…
- Proven track record within a NOC, IT or ISP environment.
- Good academic background with a degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology, Business Studies, Computing or relevant subject.
- Experience with switching and internet routing technologies. Strong network diagnostic skills.
- Experience configuring internet applications such as Apache, Exim, BIND.
- Experience of network monitoring tools and protocols (Solarwinds, SNMP).
- Experience of analysing system and network performance using monitoring and graphical data.
- Experience of diagnosing network and service issues, following them through to resolution.
- Keen to be involved in a wide variety of ISP services.
- Good technical or WIKI documentation skills.
- Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Learn and Grow – On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills
- Drive & Energy – Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Planning & Organising – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
WE HOPE YOU’LL EMBRACE & CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CULTURE AT PERFORM
At DAZN we’re building a global digital video subscription service, offering live and on-demand sports content across multiple connected devices (web, TV and mobile). We believe in putting the consumer first while providing more sport for a low monthly fee. DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
We have a strong team here with people from Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. And we are working to launch in new global markets every year. Hear from the Tech team on what it is like working for DAZN: http://engineering.dazn.com or have a sneak peak of the DAZN Product here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIZZPJ0xPw
DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the words that describe what it’s like working at Perform; respectful, collaborative, innovation, disruptive, inclusive, empowering, hard-work and rewarding.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE REWARDS & BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking at our Feltham offices.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!