OTT Engineer – DAZN (UK 1337)
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU.
The OTT video engineer will be part of a dynamic team working with live streaming and VOD transcode systems and workflows. Reporting to the Encoding and Distribution Manager, you will work with other likeminded, passionate and technically skilled engineers across a broad range of video and IT technologies. The team is responsible for the design, build, maintenance and 3rd line support of these video platforms, providing documentation, training and day to day advice and support to the 1st and 2nd line support teams. The team will liaise with product managers and video R&D/architecture teams, to facilitate building appropriate solutions that adhere to product and video technology strategies. You will be well suited to this role if you have previous experience as a live engineer, transcode specialist, or similar, from a project or support background; requiring good IT/networking skills and a desire to build and maintain complex technical solutions across both live and VOD disciplines.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Configure, maintain and 3rd line support of live video streaming platforms, formats and workflows.
- Configure, maintain and 3rd line support of Telestream Vantage VOD transcode platforms and workflows.
- Develop new solutions and workflows for live and VOD, based on internal and customer requirements.
- Documentation, training and handover to support teams.
- Physical installations/upkeep of hardware in datacentre locations.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience building and maintaining platforms, technologies and workflows used for live stream delivery and/or VOD transcoding.
- Experience supporting live streaming issues and/or VOD transcode job failures.
- Good knowledge of video codecs and streaming protocols.
- Experience working with CDNs.
- Good IT skills and experience installing, maintaining and supporting server hardware and operating systems (Windows and Linux command line).
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD EXPERIENCE IN THESE AREAS TOO
- Common live stream formats including HLS, DASH, Smooth Streaming and Flash.
- Transport Streams.
- RTP/UDP multicast video.
- Telestream Vantage.
- Aspera Orchestrator.
- Isilon storage.
- Akamai and/or other major CDNs.
- DRM Technologies – Fairplay/PlayReady/Widevine
- Scripting or programming language skills.
- Installing equipment in datacentres.
- Network switch configuration.
- Virtual machines.
- Experience with AWS cloud.