PMO Manager (12 Month FTC) (UK 1772)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
We are looking for a new PMO Manager to join the expanding Technology PMO Team. This a key role to support and embed the roll out of a new Technology PMO. The PMO Manager will work closely with the Head of PMO and the project leads in Software Development, Infrastructure and Broadcast to establish new ways of working across the Department and then manage the day to day operations of the PMO including reporting, benefits management and the new Project Centre of Excellence. This role will have a focus on the overarching Technology portfolio of projects.
Candidates should be experienced PMO operators and preferably also have experience of rolling out a new PMO so will need excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing PMO team in a fast-paced and growing business with strong opportunities for personal growth and development.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- PMO Roll Out – Manage the roll out of the new PMO across Technology, bedding in new processes and ways of working.
- Governance – Support projects in best practise project management through the project lifecycle and manage the Technology Governance Model (Steering Committee and Initiation Meetings)
- Benefits Management – Provide governance across the benefits management process, working closely with Finance to ensure benefits are accurately estimated, monitored and reviewed.
- Project Centre of Excellence – Work with the Head of PMO and wider stakeholders to establish and manage a Project Centre of Excellence (training, knowledge sharing, lessons learnt, best practice, etc.)
- Reporting – Review monthly portfolio status reports to analyse updates, identify trends and agree escalation and mitigation requirements. Manage production of the PMO’s monthly status report and dashboard.
- Other PMO Functions – General support to the Head of PMO in the day to day operations of the PMO
- People Manager – Line management of small team including recruitment responsibilities.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Experience working in a PMO across a sizeable portfolio of projects
- Experience of producing and delivering PMO reports for senior level stakeholders
- Experience of Benefits Management and Reviews
- Experience working with both agile and waterfall projects
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Experience working with a wide variety of different stakeholders – levels, types, etc. – and in different locations
- Ability to manage a large number of tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in presentation of outputs
- Ability to digest large volume of information and write concise summaries and reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Qualified to degree level or above
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a requirement. Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio is an advantage but not a necessity.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE…
- Experience establishing and embedding new PMO processes into a business
- Line management experience
- Formal Project Management qualification
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Planning & Organisation – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity
- Drive & Energy – Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
- Communicating with impact – Ability to present information to a high standard using a variety of written, verbal, diagrammed and presentation techniques.
- Self-awareness – Understanding the impact on others and how to tailor approaches