PMO Manager – DAZN – UK 2454
PMO MANAGER – Technology
Are you an experienced leader in IT project, programme or portfolio management looking to make your mark in a ground-breaking, dynamic and fast-paced organisation?
Have you got what it takes to help us shape and deliver an exciting, innovative and market-leading portfolio of technology driven projects?
If so… we want YOU!
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Our Technology Division is the beating heart of our business, and at the cutting-edge of technological developments in the live & on-demand streaming, broadcast and sports media industry.
As a PMO Manager, you will build on the success of our existing PMO by unifying and expanding our offering across our Technology Division.
You’ll define and implement the project governance standards and tools that will support the delivery of our technology projects throughout the project lifecycle, from initial idea through to post-project review and capturing lessons learned.
Supporting key stakeholders to complete business cases and core project governance documentation with a best practice approach and ensuring alignment to our budgeting process will be core to your role, empowering projects to be set up for success.
Portfolio Management is key to the success of the PMO – you’ll lead the charge helping our business leaders to make the best-informed decisions on project investment: you’ll visualise the pipeline of project demand, challenge proposed projects’ contribution to our strategic goals, and support sponsors to demonstrate project value through balancing risk and value, benefits planning and measurement.
Agile or Waterfall? You’ve got experience leading a PMO that supports both! Whether it’s a project to deliver new IT infrastructure to a new production office, or a project to deliver new products across our platforms, your grounding across a variety of technologies will mean you’re comfortable guiding stakeholders from any technology discipline.
Reporting is a key part of the PMO’s role. You’ll review collated fortnightly project status reports from across our technology portfolio to analyse narrative updates, review RAG statuses, identify trends and work with project teams to agree escalation and mitigation requirements for any projects that are not on track. You’ll then produce our fortnightly portfolio status report and management dashboards for onward circulation to senior stakeholders.
We have some great people and we’re growing! So, you’ll relish guiding and mentoring the junior members of our team and bringing your experience to bear in their professional development. You’ll have line managed people before and will take on responsibility for two of our brightest minds.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Portfolio Management – reconciliation between project proposals and organisational strategic objectives through balancing risk and value to enable business leaders to commit resources to the right projects and the right time
- Project Governance – define and implement best practice project management standards, documents and processes to support projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Resource Management
- Reporting – collate and analyse project status reports to produce portfolio progress reports for senior stakeholders
- RAID Management – analyse project and portfolio level risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies and support project managers to identify and articulate mitigation, contingency or change-request criteria
- Line management of PMO Analyst and Junior PM resource
- General support to the Head of PMO, with some strategic support in expanding the PMO model to other key areas of our organisation beyond Technology
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Previous PMO or Portfolio Management experience, in a Technology environment
- Experience of producing and delivering accurate and insightful PMO reports for senior level stakeholders
- Benefits planning and measurement skills and experience
- Familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Top tier communications skills, both in terms of style and substance – able to adapt appropriately to audience and seniority of stakeholders, and with an acute attention to detail
- Previous line management / functional management responsibility
- Able to foster trust and engender confidence in the PMO, building great working relationships with stakeholders from across the breadth of the business
- Familiarity with PPM platforms such as Clarizen
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of rolling out a as a new PMO to new parts of an organisation
- A formal industry qualification:
- Axelos: PRINCE2 / MSP / MoP / P3O
- PMI: PMP / PgMP / PfMP
- BCS: PPSO Adv.
- AIPMO: IPMO-E
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 7 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in the US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.