Post Production Technical Assistant JAP0241 - Tokyo, Japan
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Post Production Technical Assistant. In this role you will play a key part of a dynamic team supporting post production systems.
Working with a team of experienced editors, post production engineers and workflow specialists you will be responsible for, setting up of in house edit and audio suites suites at the start of a project, operational support and training on workflow practices for online, offline newsroom edit systems, Audio suite and VO booths, implementing file based workflows and media management.
- Assisting the preparation of offline, online edit and grading suites
- Provide operational desktop support for Premiere Pro & Dalet editing systems
- Provide support for Davinci Resolve including suite maintenance and support.
- Provide comprehensive support for Pro Tools audio suite and multiple commentary booths.
- Digitising and capturing footage from various sources
- Assist with media management
- Assist with transcoding and file based workflows
- Assist in proofing and QC of digital media encodes and broadcast deliverables
- Provide operational editing assistance to clients
Participate in a shift rota system, ensuring that in-house clients and external clients have operational support, and that quality control is maintained.
Applicants should have a flexible working approach as hours may vary, with the need to work some nights and weekends.
- Candidates should have experience working in a broadcast or post production environment.
- Experience as a Runner, Production Assistant or Technical Assistant would be advantageous.
- Familiar with broadcasting/Post production video file formats and codecs is required.
- Experience working with operational and Engineering staff, able to communicate well with clients.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro editing systems.
- Preparation of media: importing, exporting, transcoding, video and audio mixdowns and exporting omf for Pro Tools.
- Experience of maintaining Pro Tools systems
- Experience and knowledge of media management tools
- Experience of dealing with clients in a service environment
- Basic understanding of networking
- Confident with PC systems
- Basic use of MAC and Linux systems
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of Cinema4D, After Effects, Flash, Photoshop.
- Knowledge of transcoding tools, Content Agent, Amberfin ICR or Telestream Vantage
- Experience with Davinci Resolve.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Be a thorough and conscientious worker.
- Excellent time management skills.
- You must be comfortable working within a fast-paced, sports-focused environment.
- An interest in sport and sporting news is not crucial, but that is what you will be working on.
- A desire to learn, take initiative and think on your feet.
- English level at which you can communicate by e-mail in English, general conversation