Post Production Technical Assistant (UK 2296)
Just starting your career and want to help change the way the world sees sport?
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Post Production Technical Assistant. In this role you will play a key part in the Content Operations Team. You will provide first line support for online and offline editing systems, clients and editors. You will be responsible for basic editing, media management and implementing file-based workflows. As well as this, the Technical Assistant works in conjunction with a team of experienced editors, post production engineers, media managers and workflow specialists; working within a shifted rota system. Technical training will be provided to progress career development.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Assisting the preparation and setup of offline and online edit suites.
- Provide first line operational support for Premiere Pro & Dalet MAM systems.
- Provide operational editing assistance to clients.
- Capture footage from various sources, transcoding content and adhering to stipulated file-based workflows.
- Be responsible for instigating and overseeing the downloading and uploading of content to the DAZN Product.
- Schedule the recording of sporting event feeds using Dalet Brio’s and other recording methods.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere editing software.
- Experience of dealing with clients in a service environment and being able to communicate technical and non-technical information well.
- An understanding of video file formats and codecs is required.
- Confident using PC systems and basic use of Mac and Linux systems.
- Willingness to travel and work within our other locations as needed.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Educated to an HND or Degree level in a media or technically related subject and an interest in sport is desirable.
- Experience working as a Runner, Production Assistant or Technical Assistant within a broadcast environment is desirable.
- Experience using a Media Asset Management system like Dalet MAM.
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.