Product Executive (UK 1215) - Leeds, United Kingdom
|SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?|
The Product Executive role provides a fast-paced and exciting entry into digital sports publishing and product development. Working as part of a dedicated product team focusing on both internal and external brands and partners (including Goal, Voetbalzone, UEFA, CONMEBOL and others), you will assist in the delivery of a varied range of projects in line with the overall roadmap.
Working closely with other team members – particularly the Product Owner, Project Manager and Business Analyst – you will take ownership for a range of tasks such as refining requirements, capturing feedback, collation of assets (imagery, translations etc), audience/competitor research, and basic data processing and evaluation. You will become a subject matter expert in the sites and tools you work with.
Within a complex and growing global company, you will need energy, initiative, an eye for detail, a can-do attitude, a learning mentality and willingness to take ownership for the work you undertake. You will be comfortable dealing with internal and external stakeholders and able to clearly express yourself via email, instant message, on calls and in person.
|WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?||% of role|
|> Gathering/collating feedback and requests from stakeholders (both Internal and External) and recording them for Product Owner review||20%|
|> Taking ownership of individual project tasks to gather all user/business requirements and any assets needed to get the task to ‘ready for development’ state||20%|
|> Assist Product Owner and Project Manager in the delivery of their day-to-day work, by taking ownership of delegated tasks||20%|
|> Preparing basic reports / comms for project stakeholders||10%|
|> Any other tasks required to ensure project delivery||30%|
|DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?||Skill Level (out of 4)|
|A proactive team player with a can-do attitude||4|
|A passion for sport and/or digital publishing||4|
|Friendly and outgoing, with good written and verbal communication skills||4|
|An interest in technology & innovation and a desire to work in product development||3|
|Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent||3|
|DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?|
|Experience in digital publishing or sports business|
|Experience working with in delivery as a designer, developer or editor|
|Experience working in client-facing roles (eg Account Management)|
|Experience using a range of digital communication tools (eg Skype, Slack) to work with distributed teams|
|Experience of using JIRA and/or other project management support tools|
|An aptitude for numbers and ability to present basic findings (eg % change in revenue vs previous period etc)|
|Familiarity with Google Analytics or similar web analytics tool|
|A product-, marketing- or design-related degree or equivalent qualification|
|THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….|
|Planning & Organisation|
|· Uses simple but effective planning tools to ensure work is completed e.g. to-do-list
· Organises own work to ensure it is delivered to meet clients, internal customers and Line Managers needs
· Sets daily & weekly priorities to ensure own workload is delivered and communicates progress, issues and risks
|Communicating with Impact|
|· Speak and writes clearly and succinctly using easy to understand language
· Understands the target audience and adapts the style accordingly
· Communicates positively, confidently and checks understanding
|Creativity & Innovation|
|· Identifies novel approaches for completing work assignments more effectively or efficiently
· Tries new approaches when problem solving, seeking ideas or suggestions from others as appropriate.
· Questions currently accepted ways of doing things and suggests new approaches
|Drive & Energy|
|· Is clear on their own objectives and strives to meet them to agreed time and quality standards
· Seeks out support and guidance when progress against objectives falls behind schedule.
· Escalates risks and concerns to line manager to ensure goals and objectives are met
|Teamwork & Collaboration|
|· Treats all team members with respectful courteous and professional manner; supports team despite different points of views or setbacks.
· Participates in team meetings and activities willingly.
· Recognises the team’s goals and makes positive contribution towards them.
· Understands the context in which they work and how it fits into the wider business
· Seeks to understand what other people do in teams outside of their direct working environment
|Flexibility & Adaptability|
|· Prioritises based on direction given and changes schedules, tasks and priorities when necessary.
· Adapts effectively by accepting changes in work processes readily and with an optimistic perspective of the resulting benefits.
· Readily accepts new technology as part of his/her job and uses it to continually improve efficiency or the quality of his/her work.
|Learn & Grow|
|· Asks for and uses feedback to improve performance.
· Seeks and acquires new competencies, skills, ideas and information that will improve own efficiency and effectiveness on the job
· Seeks opportunity to learn from past results, and continues to learn and grow.
|· Has a basic understanding of their own strengths
· Is aware how they come across to other individuals in the team
· Receives and sometimes acts upon feedback given by others
|· Continually maintains proactive, regular communications with customers and clients
· Shows interest in, anticipates and responds timely to customer needs.
· Goes beyond basic service expectations to help customer implement complete solutions.
· Recognizes adverse customer reactions and develops better alternatives.
· Shares insights and feedback from the customers with their peers and managers to improve the service provided
|· Understands the structure and overall business of Perform
· Understand where Perform sits within the Sports Media sector
· Treats Perform information as sensitive and confidential where required
|IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE CULTURE AT PERFORM, THEN READ ON…|
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive,dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcastingcompany. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the things you can expect working at Perform; collaboration, innovation, ever changing, empowerment, work hard and personal development.
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking is available for Feltham offices. We also have a subsidised canteen at Feltham with Starbucks coffee from £1.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about what we do!
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!