Programme Manager – Broadcast (UK 2003) – DAZN
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Our Programme Managers are responsible for delivering some of our most strategically and operationally important projects from inception to handover into the business. Programme Managers deliver a number of related projects across the full project lifecycle with multiple and varied project stakeholders in different locations. They ensure that programme dependencies and synergies are closely managed to maximise the scope, objectives, efficiency and successful delivery of their programmes.
Under the governance of our PMO, the Broadcast Projects team delivers all broadcast related projects across the entire DAZN Group. We are about to embark on a major project to build a large Production centre in Leeds and will be managed by the Broadcast Project team. This role is to be the focal point for all internal sectors within the business, and all external contractors working on the project.
The successful candidate will have exceptional programme management credentials but will also have in depth knowledge of the entire broadcast signal chain, traditional and emerging broadcast technologies, IP contribution and distribution methodologies.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Lead the requirements definition for the programme and its associated projects ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are engaged and requirements are defined to meet the agreed minimum standard
- Manage the definition of programme scope, budget, timelines and acceptance criteria, and ensure relevant sign off
- Manage the programme resources, the majority of which will not report directly to you, but will be based in other parts of the business
- Build and own strong stakeholder relationships (internally and externally) and engage all relevant areas in programme communications, inc. running programme steering boards where relevant.
- Develop, validate and manage all relevant project support processes and documentation throughout the life of the programme and its projects (e.g. business cases, plans, status reports, etc.)
- Actively identify and facilitate resolution when required for any project risks, issues and dependencies within the programme and across other projects and areas of the business
- Ensure a smooth and well-planned transition to the relevant areas of the business when the projects are complete and conduct the Post Project Review
- Forecast, manage, control and report the financial expenditure of the programme budget
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Proven ability to manage, govern and deliver large, complex broadcast infrastructure projects.
- Excellent people skills and experience working with a wide variety of different stakeholders – levels, types, locations, etc.
- Have an in-depth knowledge on all traditional and emerging broadcast technologies (and relevant vendors).
- Previous experience of successful implementation of Process, Systems and Operational Improvement programmes
- Exceptional organisational and administration skills
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Ability to switch seamlessly between Agile and Waterfall projects
- Been exposed to OTT product rollout and development projects
- Project Management qualification
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At DAZN we consider ourselves a progressive, brave, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media streaming company. We have a strong team with experts from Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV.
DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is currently available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.