Scrum Master – DAZN – UK 2498
Are you looking to take the next step in your Scrum Master career? Are you fascinated by data and interested in the opportunity to support the development of new and innovative ways it can be used? Join DAZN’s growing Enterprise Data Management team and take ownership of our Agile processes and help lead the way DAZN uses data for our global sports streaming platform.
DAZN’s Enterprise Data team is responsible for ensuring that customer, supplier and internal data can be effectively collected, organized and converted into quality information that can be used to gain useful insight into DAZN’s Daily Operations. As a Scrum Master, you’ll play a key role in supporting our Data Engineering Scrum teams to deliver their sprint commitments, remove blockers and coach them to self-organize.
If it sounds like a role at DAZN could provide you with the challenges and opportunities to help you progress in your Scrum Master career then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Organise and facilitate Scrum Ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Demo’s and Retrospectives
- Work with the Product Owner to prepare and prioritise the Sprint Backlog
- Ensure that the development team and the Product Owner work together in the Scrum Framework
- Ensure that the team are being as effective and productive as they can be by protecting them from external distractions and actively removing blockers to their progress
- Track the progress of the Sprint on a daily basis in order to be able to take proactive measures ahead of time where required to help the team achieve their sprint goals
- Monitor and communicate Team Velocity and release progress
- Liaise with other Scrum Teams and external teams to address and resolve cross team issues, conflicts and dependencies Be an active part of the DAZN Scrum Master Community and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Previous experience in the software / data engineering field as either a developer, engineer or tester
- Commercial experience as a Scrum Master
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience of Jira / Confluence
- Experience in a Data Engineering / Big Data or Data Warehouse environment
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.