Scrum Master (UK 1408) – DAZN
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
As a Scrum Master working at DAZN product you will be responsible for supporting our software development Scrum teams to deliver their sprint commitments, removing blockers and coaching them to self-organize.
DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of application framework. With a rapidly expanding company, growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant work place.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Organise and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (planning meetings, daily scrums, demo’s and retrospectives).
- Ensure the development team & Product Owner work together in the Scrum framework.
- Track the progress of the Sprint on a daily basis in order to be able to take proactive measures ahead of time where required to help the team to achieve the sprint goal.
- Monitor and communicate team velocity and release progress.
- Ensure the team are being as effective and productive as they can by protecting them from external distractions and actively removing impediments to their progression.
- Work with the Product Owner to prepare the scrum backlog.
- Liaise with other Scrum teams and external teams to address and resolve cross team issues, conflicts and dependencies.
- Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within DAZN and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Have worked directly in the Software Development field for 2-5 years as either a Developer or Tester.
- Commercial experience as a Scrum Master.
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org).
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Understanding of Agile & Lean principles.
- Experience of release level planning.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all Seniority levels.
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
With more than 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to the intersection between sports and technology.
We cover just about every aspect of digital sports media. We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, partner with the biggest rights holders including WTA, NFL, FIBA, Matchroom and CONMEBOL, produce the best content and data for broadcasters, media companies, sports teams and sponsors and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
UK Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com & https://engineering.dazn.com/