Senior Application Support Engineer (UK 1691)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Perform is seeking an experienced Senior Application Support engineer to join the Application Support team. The position is full time and is based in our Feltham office. You will be responsible for providing 2nd line technical Support for various complex distributed applications hosted on application servers like tomcat written in varied languages like Java, PHP, and supporting applications on AWS cloud platforms written in Kubernetees, Lambda and Google Cloud Platforms (GCP). You will also maintain our platform infrastructure servers hosted on premise across Linux/Unix environments by preventing and resolving incidents. You will serve as a point of escalation for critical and non-critical application-related issues, consult on new application releases and participate in release activities. You will be key in ensuring that Perform products and applications are available 365x24x7 thereby providing service reliability, platform stability and continuous service improvements. You will mentor coach and motivate technical offshore teams to excel at delivering world class second line support to the Perform products and services.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Responsible for providing 24×7 2nd line application support, supporting applications and the entire digital delivery platform. Troubleshooting complex distributed applications in a variety of technical languages in a fast-paced environment. This includes Critical Incident management
- Problem management – assisting Problem Managers in identifying the potential root causes for recurring incidents.
- Configuring and maintaining the Monitoring of complete perform application stack using Check MK/Nagios/ and or any monitoring tools. Maintain the health and stability of the Platform and Communication with 1st line support and ensuring that all relevant key stakeholders are informed of any incidents raised as a result of your monitoring
- Facilitate/provide technical reviews on the transitions/handovers documents for all internal products and applications from the Developers / Architects and knowledge transfers to offshore application and web support teams.
- Proactive capacity management, Analysing Performance Issues/Heap dumps/Thread dumps and availability management
- Must be available on Call outside of office hours to handle incidents and to ensure platform is up and running.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Prior Hands on experience on working in application support arena using UNIX /Linux Technologies
- Hands –on experience of working with applications based on LAMP stacks (Linux/Apache/My SQL , PHP) and also Java based web applications
- Hands on experience configuring and maintaining server infrastructure (Tomcat, Apache, web servers) is a must
- Hands –on experience of Log File analysis is a must using logging frameworks Log4j etc.
- Skilled in the use of commonly used scripting languages such as CSH, Bash, PERL and/or Python
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring tools like Check_Mk or Nagios or New Relic or similar
- Hands on experience of writing/analysing SQL queries and knowledge of Oracle 11g DB
- Hands on experience on working AWS cloud environments like Lambda, Kuberneetes and GCP
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TO…
- Knowledge of ticketing system – Service now or JIRA
- Awareness of core Java technologies, J2EE, Springs, Hibernate, XML and PHP frameworks Like Laravel
- Configuration Management – Puppet and or Ansible
- Basic Knowledge of working with technologies like Elastic Search / Rabbit MQ would be advantageous
- Awareness about ITIL
- Basic Knowledge of Networks, including VLANs, Load balancers and Firewalls.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Communicating with Impact – Ability to effectively exchange information, news, ideas and meaning in a business environment.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
- Flexibility & Adaptability – Ability to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities.
- Learn and Grow – On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills
WE HOPE YOU’LL EMBRACE & CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CULTURE AT PERFORM
At DAZN we’re building a global digital video subscription service, offering live and on-demand sports content across multiple connected devices (web, TV and mobile). We believe in putting the consumer first while providing more sport for a low monthly fee. DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
We have a strong team here with people from Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. And we are working to launch in new global markets every year. Hear from the Tech team on what it is like working for DAZN: http://engineering.dazn.com or have a sneak peak of the DAZN Product here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIZZPJ0xPw
DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market. Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!! Here are some of the words that describe what it’s like working at Perform; respectful, collaborative, innovation, disruptive, inclusive, empowering, hard-work and rewarding.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE REWARDS & BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking at our Feltham offices.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform