Senior Application Support Engineer (UK 1927)
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
We is seeking an experienced Senior Application Support engineer to join the Application Support team. The position is full time and is based in our Feltham office. You will be responsible for providing 2nd line technical Support for various complex distributed applications hosted on application servers like tomcat written in varied languages like Java, PHP, and supporting applications on AWS cloud platforms written in Kubernetees, Lambda and Google Cloud Platforms (GCP). You will also maintain our platform infrastructure servers hosted on premise across Linux/Unix environments by preventing and resolving incidents. You will serve as a point of escalation for critical and non-critical application-related issues, consult on new application releases and participate in release activities. You will be key in ensuring that our products and applications are available 365x24x7 thereby providing service reliability, platform stability and continuous service improvements. You will mentor coach and motivate technical offshore teams to excel at delivering world class second line support our products and services.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Responsible for providing 24×7 2nd line application support, supporting applications and the entire digital delivery platform. Troubleshooting complex distributed applications in a variety of technical languages in a fast-paced environment. This includes Critical Incident management
- Problem management – assisting Problem Managers in identifying the potential root causes for recurring incidents
- Configuring and maintaining the Monitoring of complete application stack using Check MK/Nagios/ and or any monitoring tools. Maintain the health and stability of the Platform and Communication with 1st line support and ensuring that all relevant key stakeholders are informed of any incidents raised as a result of your monitoring
- Facilitate/provide technical reviews on the transitions/handovers documents for all internal products and applications from the Developers / Architects and knowledge transfers to offshore application and web support teams
- Proactive capacity management, Analysing Performance Issues/Heap dumps/Thread dumps and availability management
- Must be available on Call outside of office hours to handle incidents and to ensure platform is up and running.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Prior Hands on experience on working in application support arena using UNIX /Linux Technologies
- Hands –on experience of working with applications based on LAMP stacks (Linux/Apache/My SQL , PHP) and also Java based web applications
- Hands on experience configuring and maintaining server infrastructure (Tomcat, Apache, web servers) is a must
- Hands –on experience of Log File analysis is a must using logging frameworks Log4j etc.
- Skilled in the use of commonly used scripting languages such as CSH, Bash, PERL and/or Python
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring tools like Check_Mk or Nagios or New Relic or similar
- Hands on experience of writing/analysing SQL queries and knowledge of Oracle 11g DB
- Hands on experience on working AWS cloud environments like Lambda, Kuberneetes and GCP
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Knowledge of ticketing system – Service now or JIRA
- Awareness of core Java technologies, J2EE, Springs, Hibernate, XML and PHP frameworks Like Laravel
- Configuration Management – Puppet and or Ansible
- Basic Knowledge of working with technologies like Elastic Search / Rabbit MQ would be advantageous
- Awareness about ITIL
- Basic Knowledge of Networks, including VLANs, Load balancers and Firewalls.