Senior Finance Manager (UK2023)
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the successful applicant will have responsibility for managing and developing a team of three in order to deliver in a number of Group Finance areas, including External reporting, Group consolidation, Technical accounting, Finance systems and Treasury management. The successful applicant will be a key part of the Group Finance management team, with responsibility for preparation of Board level reporting.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
|In order to deliver the responsibilities set out below, you will manage & develop a team of three Finance Analysts & work closely with the shared service centre and divisional finance teams.|
|External reporting responsibilities:
– Ownership of the Group’s Financial statements
– Ownership of the Group’s subsidiary Financial statements (c25 entities Globally)
– Manage relationships with external providers in helping prepare overseas statutory accounts.
– Ownership of reporting to the Group’s ultimate owners
– Coordination of the preparation of all external reporting that the business outputs, including debt reporting (where applicable)
– Manage the Group’s financial audit, including being key point of contact for Groups auditors
|Group consolidation responsibilities:
– Manage the Group’s consolidation process
– Manage the calculation of all consolidation adjustments
– Ensure compliance with accounting standards (currently under IFRS)
– Develop a system based consolidation using the Groups existing Oracle PBCS reporting system
|Technical accounting responsibilities:
– Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, and provide IFRS interpretation
– Manage preparation of technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner and use to provide advice to Finance Director and CFO.
|Finance Systems responsibilities:
– Own the structure of the Chart of Accounts
– Work with the Groups internal business systems team to ensure Finance systems (Oracle Fusion and PBCS) continue to be fit for purpose.
– Project manage any upgrades or changes (including internally driven) to the Group’s Finance systems
– Work with the Head of the Shared Service centre to improve the use of our Finance Systems
|Treasury Management responsibilities:
– Own the relationship with the Groups Banking partners
– Ensure Cash is being utilised effectively by the Group and advise on more effective uses.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
|Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)|
|IT Skills (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint)|
|Financial Systems knowledge (Oracle desirable)|
|Experience managing junior team members|
|Able to work as part of a team and build strong working relationships|
|Excellent planning & organisational skills and able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines|
|Strong analytical skills and the ability to manipulate data effectively|
|Excellent communication & presentation skills|
|High attention to detail and an investigative nature|
|Strong work ethic, self-motivated and disciplined and ability to work with minimum supervision|
|Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, good verbally and outgoing in personality and the ability to present to senior individuals confidently|
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At Perform Group we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and good at it too! We have over 2,800 employees with an extensive network of freelance specialists. We have a strong team with experts from Netflix, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. We’re growing rapidly and launching into new global markets every year.
DAZN is our sports streaming service that allows fans to watch their sport, their way, live or on-demand. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN has over 8,000 live events a year and features the widest array of live sports ever offered on one TV service. DAZN can play, pause and rewind anytime with no commercial interruptions and no long-term commitments.
DAZN is currently available in Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. In 2018, we’re soon to be launching in the US and Italy.
THE BENEFITS YOU WILL ENJOY WHEN YOU JOIN WILL INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to the Perform/DAZN online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. If you fancy a move abroad, Perform are currently seeking the best talent in the world.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.