Senior MCR Operator – DAZN (UK 2148)
Want to help us lead the way in MCR?
As a Senior MCR Operator you will ensure the routing for our OTT product is done correctly and that all feeds incoming and outgoing are of the highest quality. When issues inevitably occur, you are expected to troubleshoot to the best of your abilities and report of any impact to service quickly and accurately. You will find it is relatively quiet during the week with a good portion of your time being dedicated to reviewing incidents followed by updating documentation and workflows for the future. Working for a sports broadcaster however, you will understand that weekends are a different beast – with over 50% of events scheduled into the space of two days and tight turnarounds on resources throughout.
You will join a close-knit team that values the desire to learn over previous experience (though both are ideal). There’s usually a pot of coffee being passed around the room and an abundance of places within walking distance of the office to take a break for lunch (which is an hour and a half during our standard 12-hour shifts).
As a Senior Operator you will be responsible for the day to day running of the MCR. You will keep everything running smoothly and assist the more junior members of staff when needed. You will train others in the team, so you will be expected to understand the workflows to a higher level than most. Double checking routing and incident reports are par for the course and the ability to keep a cool head when incidents inevitably occur is a necessity.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Routing all feeds necessary for smooth delivery of content to the DAZN App.
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing signals to ensure the highest quality to our customers.
- Performing line-ups with on-site contacts and OB teams prior to high profile events.
- Providing first line support for any issues that arise.
- Writing accurate reports on any issues, to be communicated back to the business.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a semi-regular basis.
- Considerable experience in broadcast.
- Understanding of broadcast procedures and processes.
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Speaking a second language is advantageous.
- Experience within a sports broadcasting role would be beneficial.