Software Architect, TV (UK 1116)
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of our application framework. With a rapidly expanding company; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Establish both functional and non-functional requirements of stakeholders.
- Design architectures using industry standard methodologies and present to stakeholders.
- Take both leading and hands-on roles in the implementation of the solution.
- Investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- An excellent understanding of modern web-based and client-side architectural patterns & design patterns and how to apply them in cross platform, real world situations.
- Strong experience with developing for Smart TVs and WebViews on Apple TV.
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum…).
- Strong experience with delivering quality products using Unit Testing and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with designing and documenting solutions using industry standard methodologies.
- Experience acting as both a team and technical lead on multiple projects.
- Experience delivering both Live Video and Video-On-Demand to web platforms.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TO…
- Experience with developing in BrightScript on Roku.
- Experience with AWS and Serverless.
- Experience with formal design notations such as UML, BPMN and ArchiMate.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Planning & Organisation – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Drive & Energy – Self-motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Creativity & Innovation – Questions conventional approaches and encourages new ideas and innovations.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value for business.
WE HOPE YOU’LL EMBRACE & CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CULTURE AT PERFORM
At DAZN we’re building a global digital video subscription service, offering live and on-demand sports content across multiple connected devices (web, TV and mobile). We believe in putting the consumer first while providing more sport for a low monthly fee. DAZN is part of Perform Group, which gives you the opportunity to work in a larger team with an in depth knowledge of the sports industry and a cutting edge advantage when launching new features in that market.
We have a strong team here with people from Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. And we are working to launch in new global markets every year. Hear from the Tech team on what it is like working for DAZN: http://engineering.dazn.com or have a sneak peak of the DAZN Product here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIZZPJ0xPw
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the words that describe what it’s like working at Perform; respectful, collaborative, innovation, disruptive, inclusive, empowering, hard-work and rewarding.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE REWARDS & BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*, and Childcare Voucher Scheme*. Free parking at our Feltham offices.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
*Some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!