Solutions Architect (UK 2411)
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU
As a Software Architect with the DAZN Team you will work within the Architecture department. You will take on the responsibility of the design and development of DAZN’s user management and payment systems, integrating with a large number of 3rd party payment providers.
You will have proven ability with working with stakeholders to establish their requirements and designing and implementing the architecture, taking the technical leadership of distributed teams of software developers, ensuring that the result is reliable, scalable, performant and secure.
DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of our application framework. With a rapidly expanding company; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Establish both functional and non-functional requirements of stakeholders
- Design architectures using industry standard methodologies and present to stakeholders
- Take both leading and hands-on roles in the implementation of the solution
- Investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures
- Manage disruption free migrations and system shutdowns
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Demonstrable experience leading & delivering successful large scale, high availability, quality, performance architectures involving a wide variety of systems and technologies
- Experience with designing and developing secure e-commerce system and handing a variety of international payment systems
- Experience with designing systems that handle user data, including the associated regulations
- Experience with supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting live systems
- Experience with Cloud based systems, in particular AWS, Kubernates, ECS and Microservices
- Experience with developing consumer facing cross-platform web applications
- Hands-on ability to implement solutions
- Experience with designing and documenting solutions using industry standard methodologies
- Experience acting as both a team and technical lead on multiple projects
- Ability to consider multiple stakeholders requirements in a rapidly changing environment
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum…)
- Experience with Salesforce and CRMs
- Experience in designing and deploying with Docker
- Exposure to data analysis and recommendation engines
- Experience with formal design notations such as UML, BPMN and ArchiMate
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
With more than 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to the intersection between sports and technology.
We cover just about every aspect of digital sports media. We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, partner with the biggest rights holders including WTA, NFL, FIBA, Matchroom and CONMEBOL, produce the best content and data for broadcasters, media companies, sports teams and sponsors and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
UK Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com