Spanish Language Senior Editor, NBA
The Spanish Language Senior Editor role is responsible for managing and developing content that fuels the expansion of NBA.com’s coverage to Mexico, Argentina and Spain, and Perform’s operation of those regional editions. This person will be involved in all aspects of Spanish Language content strategy and NBA news coverage, while overseeing the daily productions of a staff of freelancers.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Writing and publishing for various NBA.com Spanish-Language editions operated by Perform.
- Manage and oversee growth of Spanish Language editions, and a staff of freelancers.
- Exhibit keen awareness of what stories do and don’t resonate among both avid and casual NBA fans, specifically in Spain.
- Collaborate with English-language NBA team within Perform to share content and implement workflow.
- Strong Spanish and English-language grammar and communication skills.
- 1-2 years’ management experience preferred.
- Thorough expertise of the National Basketball Association teams, players and trends.
- Minimum 3 years journalism experience, with emphasis on writing and publishing.
- Experience in digital media, maintaining goals that involve traffic targets and building audience.
- Knowledge of best practices for distributing content across social platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE CULTURE AT PERFORM, THEN READ ON…
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do, we create and distribute sports content that millions of fans around the world interact with every day. Our global content collection, production and distribution capabilities alongside industry leading digital products are unrivaled in the market and enable us to generate revenues through licensing, advertising and subscription.
Some of our clients include sports federations including the ATP, WTA Tennis, Premier League and NBA as well as numerous global brands in broadcast and online publishing.
You’ll receive 15 days of paid annual leave (from the start), 9 paid public holidays, affordable health benefits (dental and vision included), competitive parental leave, short and long term disability paid by the company, basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company, 401(k), flexible work environment.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to our online learning portal and be part of our ‘Career Deal’, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also offer a structured management development program as well as opportunities to progress your career overseas.
Find out more about what we do!
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform!