Sports Asset Coordinator (JAP0066) - Tokyo, Japan
|Department: Operation, Perform Investment Japan|
|Job Title: Sports Asset Coordinator|
|Reports To (title): Head of Content Operations|
|Career Level: CL2|
|Location: Tokyo, Japan|
|Hours of Work: 37.5|
|Line Management Responsibility: No|
As a Sports Asset Coordinator for an exciting new business venture that PERFORM is launching, you will be involved in the set up and the continuous management of content, metadata and assets for a digital video service You will collaborate with teams across product, design, operations, marketing, commercial and the executive team to define and manage a variety workstreams that will form the sound foundations for product features, marketing campaigns and production graphics in numerous territories.
A successful candidate will be highly proactive, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. High levels of sports knowledge will be favoured.
– Forward planning based on DAZN sports schedule to ensure all upcoming events have high quality assets, translations and metadata set up and ready for use by internal teams.
– Liaise with suppliers to ensure all technical requirements for metadata are managed and set up in advance of tournament start dates.
– Manage and source translations for teams, tournaments and sports with local editors or translation companies, and ensure they are uploaded to centrally managed databases.
– Coordinate imagery for all sports, tournaments and competitors and ensure they are produced to a high quality and then uploaded to centrally managed locations
– Work closely with UX teams to support generation of missing sports imagery and ensure high standards are met across all graphical display of team and tournament logos.
– Ensure and enforce strict quality control checks on all imagery and editorial content. Feedback to internal teams to advise on best practice and maintain a consistent approach across the whole department.
– Liaise between Product, Marketing, Production and Commercial teams to ensure all customer touch points are using the best and consistent (official and approved) imagery and translations for all required assets
– Define and manage core requests to all rights holders and monitor status of deliverables
– Manage internal and legal sign off process for all imagery to be made available for use
– Oversee development of central management software and define relevant processes to allow editors to source approved content and translations.
– Help to define best practice rules for editorial text such as synopsis and headline text.
– Work with localized teams to develop best practice in numerous languages/territories.
– Maintain a consistent approach across all territories, while balancing localisation requests and feedback.
– Regularly meet with all stakeholders to ensure consistency is being communicated and issues are being logged and actioned.
– Regularly report to line manager on status of content and provide weekly updates for stakeholder reports.
– Seek to find ways of efficiently improving all processes and streamline workflows.
– Develop a team of locally based staff to help provide the ‘feet on the ground’ in each launch market.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
– 4+ years of relevant work experience in a production/digital environment
– Strong interest in a wide range of sports will be preferred.
– Excellent organization, management, and coordination skills.
– Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
– Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss concepts covering a broad range of live product workstreams covering marketing, product, production/graphics and commercial relationships.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior management.
– Understanding of the issues surrounding the management of a live global product that supports numerous languages.
– Understanding of the issues surrounding delivery and management of images to online services.
– Understanding of the challenges of launching and managing products in multiple, non-English speaking markets.
– Experience of managing 3rd party partners and suppliers
– Pragmatic approach to prioritisation and managing expectations
– Experience of agile methodologies.
– Mandarin, German, Japanese language skill sets also an advantage.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
– Courage to make smart decisions
– Honest Communication
– Impactful Innovation
– Passionately Curious.
– Proactive and self managing
Perform is a leading digital sports content and media group.
– 43 Locations
– Over 2000 Employees
– 4 Divisions
Our mission is to connect the world of sport by producing the quickest, most detailed and most engaging content, and managing a network of media brands with a significant global sc
Perform Investment Japan : Connect to a world of sport
A great deal for the rights holders and fans. Live and on-demand sports content across multiple connected devices. Our pioneering live sports service, DAZN is now live in Japan, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
PERFORM MEDIA: Connecting brands with sports fans
Global and local media properties engaging a mass audience of sports fans, wherever they are and on whatever platform they choose.