Technical Author – DAZN – UK 2269
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT
Looking for the next step on our Technical Author career? Join our growing Data Engineering team and help lead a brand new technical documentation process! Have the freedom to create your own tone of voice and set guidelines to support our Service Management and Data Engineering teams in the technical delivery of our sports streaming platform.
As a Technical Author you’ll take ownership for the management and creation of top-quality documentation of all systems created and developed around the company. Your valued work will play a key role in the technical and service aspects of the team and assist the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics. The importance of clear documentation across the data warehouse area is paramount to the success of the Data Engineering team delivering value to operations. It also enables the inter-operability of our various departments and seamless training of 3rd party partners who integrate with our platform and invest in our products.
Whilst this role is hosted in the data engineering team it is highly likely that you’ll have the opportunity to work around multiple departments to engage and gather information and document it in a standard format. With DAZN being fast growing, this work is essential to gather and build a baseline documentation and then deliver a standard package for any future projects. Plus, you will gain great exposure and experience in a vast range of technologies and departments.
If it sounds like a role at DAZN can offer you the variety of challenges and next step in helping to lead new documentation processes then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- To own all technical documentation and the methods of its generation
- To provide strategy, guidelines and support for internal documentation
- Create and maintain documentation relating to technical products (including service)
- Create a tone of voice and apply consistently across all product documentation
- Generation of Policy and Procedures, Cheat Sheets and form templates
- Provide support of the day to day issues raised by all users of the EDM systems
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Experience documenting IT & Web technologies
- Ability to detail Technical information in Technical and Non-Technical terms
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical information into business speak
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Experience in ITIL and Agile ways of working
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a flexible approach to work with changing deadlines and scope.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Excellent understanding of modern Big Data technologies (namely Hadoop, Kafka, NoSQL), together with previous experience of working within Cloud Based Data Warehousing solutions (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack).
- Expertise of common development methods and tools (incl. Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Rally, Confluence)
- Ability to work pro-actively with a hunger to improve service
- Experience working in a data driven environment with excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the sports or OTT services sector would be beneficial.
- General interest in sport a real advantage.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
With more than 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to the intersection between sports and technology.
We cover just about every aspect of digital sports media. We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, partner with the biggest rights holders including WTA, NFL, FIBA, Matchroom and CONMEBOL, produce the best content and data for broadcasters, media companies, sports teams and sponsors and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
UK Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to or online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.