Technical Programme Manager – Advertising (UK 1991) – DAZN
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As Technical Programme Manager, you will be responsible for the technical delivery of the playback experience across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes).
You will be responsible for supporting our product and software development teams for Playback to deliver new Advertising features and service improvements across all platforms on DAZN, enhancing the current playback experience and making DAZN a world class service for our customers.
You will collaborate with internal teams across product, engineering, design, operations, marketing, commercial and the executive team on the product requirements, and manage the technology strategy and technical delivery with both internal and external development teams.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage multiple internal and external software development teams to plan and deliver.
- Track and report on the progress of the sprint / overall programmes at all levels.
- Ensure objectives are met and risks are managed, resolving technical problems in a timely manner.
- Communicate – ensure timely, concise and informative updates are disseminated and that your communication is tailored for the target audience.
- Work with the Engineering and QA teams to ensure all pre-launch defects are correctly prioritised and resolved to meet the agreed launch dates
- Provide project governance, ensuring that issues, actions and progress is tracked across DAZN
- Establish and monitor service level metrics relative to business KPI’s.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the delivery.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience in software delivery.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a fast-paced online environment
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end video encoding and/or video advertising integration technologies.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies with understanding of how to work at scale.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills with strong verbal and written communications
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Experience in managing outsourced software development partners.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Understanding of the challenges of launching products in multiple, non-English speaking markets.
- German, Italian or Japanese language skill sets also an advantage.
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At DAZN we consider ourselves a progressive, brave, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media streaming company. We have a strong team with experts from Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. Cristiano Ronaldo is our global ambassador.
DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform. DAZN can play, pause and rewind anytime with no commercial interruptions and no long-term commitments.
DAZN is currently available in US, Canada, Japan, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com