USA Data Operations Assistant - Charlotte, NC, USA
Department: Data Operations
Job Title: USA Data Operations Assistant
Reports To (title): Head of Operations – USA
Career Level: 2
Hours of Work: 40
Line Management Responsibility: Yes
JOB PURPOSE (SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?)
As a U.S. Sports Data Operations Assistant you will bring extensive knowledge of professional and college sports into a Data Operations environment which collects and distributes sports data in a variety of ways to the sports content industry. This is an opportunity for someone seeking an entry-level position working in a fast paced live Operation:
- Supervise and schedule a team of Part-time Data Editors for end-to-end collection of sports data
- Master and oversee entry of sports data into a custom CMS
- Around the clock coverage of sports information
- Communicate with internal and external team members to meet daily deadlines and goals
- Plan and organize responsibilities across sports season’s
- Work in data production as required
- Provide timely, accurate and reliable data information
- Maintain highest level of quality assurance
- Adapt to department practices and train team members for successful completion of coverages
- Assist in implementation of new sport’s season start-ups, logistics and software testing
- Integrate experienced skills towards Operational growth
- Report to manager and work on ad hoc assignments as required
|KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)||% of role|
|Supervise Live Coverage||60|
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?)
- In depth sports knowledge across: NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA FB and NCAA BB
- Available to meet the constant needs of sports schedules working late nights and weekends; including Holidays
- Proven history of improving processes and practices
- Understanding of sports play-by-play, sports broadcast journalism minded, editorial integrity
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Supervisor role, Data Operations role, or work in the sports industry
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Planning & Organization Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity. Organizes own work by taking into account deadlines, considering how important different tasks are and what other commitments have been made.
- Teamwork and collaboration. Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal. Treats all team members in a respectful, courteous and professional manner; supports team despite different points of views or setbacks.
- Drive & Energy. Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Learn and Grow. On-going learning and development and ability to apply new knowledge.
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE CULTURE AT PERFORM, THEN READ ON…
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and really good at it too!!
Here are some of the things you can expect working at Perform; collaboration, innovation, ever changing, empowerment, work hard and personal development.
You are eligible for the following benefits on first day. No waiting period!
- 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) from the start
- Generous Sick Time package
- 9 paid holidays
- Affordable Health benefits (dental and vision included)
- Short and long term disability paid by the company
- Basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company
- Flexible work environment
- Casual attireNow that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity – click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start . Find out more about what we do!
- And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.