Video Journalist (ARG0013) - Buenos Aires, Argentina, Argentina
JOB PURPOSE – What’s your new role about?
Video Journalist required to lead the filming process for video content across broadcast and digital markets, focusing primarily on South American news stories, but also on sports of interest to other PERFORM markets globally.
You will be a trained journalist and professional camera operator with 2+ years’ experience in the field, especially at major sporting competitions. Flexibility will be required, as it may be necessary to travel at short notice across South America. It is essential that you can arrange your journey to and from work outside of public transport hours.
Aside from in-the-field video shooting duties, you will be based in our Buenos Aires office working on Perform’s video planning desk arranging interviews, managing incoming content and coordinating with external suppliers, press offices and clients. You will also script, produce, edit and deliver your work to a broadcast standard.
KEY DELIVERABLES – What will you do in your new role?
- To film and deliver original, high quality footage with creativity, energy and skill from a range of sports news events and competitions.
- Obtaining and sourcing interviews, contributors and contacts to match the output content plan.
- Monitor, supervise and coordinate the ingest process of our global Newsdesk on a day-to-day basis. Update the Newsdesk calendar with event coverage, and disseminate information and communicate with all other regional news desks.
- To build and maintain a proactive and collaborative relationship with internal departments and external clients and take direction from them as required.
- Monitor compliance with production plans, publication embargoes, and simultaneous publication of upcoming content between relevant desks
- To deliver original, high quality scripts and produce pictures and graphics with creativity, energy and skill.
- To help make editorial judgments and selections appropriate to service requirements.
- To develop an understanding of new technologies used in the delivery of multi-platform products and to implement the use of equipment needed to execute this
To assist the Producer and take responsibility for your news stories being delivered to an editorially high standard: deliver original, high quality voice reports and scripts, and produce pictures and graphics with energy and skill
- Trained journalist and professional camera operator with 2+ years’ experience in the field, especially at major sporting competitions.
- Keen eye for detail, an innovative approach to content creation and a broad knowledge across a range of sports globally.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills and experience of using content management systems and online calendars.
- Experience or training editing sports news and features to a broadcast standard.
- To operate an Adobe Premiere based editing suite to a broadcast standard to produce your own features
- To build and maintain a proactive and collaborative relationship with in-house teams, and have an understanding of technical and delivery aspects of online video
- Ensure content stays within rights restrictions
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- To interpret ideas/stories/angles in a way which demonstrates an understanding of news on all platforms
- To demonstrate balanced and objective judgment and editorial decisions based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines
- First rate knowledge of, and interest in, sport, especially South American football
- Current experience of delivering voice reports to a broadcast standard is preferred
- Experience or training editing sports news and features to a broadcast standard
- Creative thinking is a must as well as the ability to interpret this in a clear and concise manner
- Team player, drive and energy
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Spanish. Basic Portuguese would be a plus.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, attention to detail.Ability to work well to tight deadlines and to offer creative and flexible solutions, in order to develop and shape the product and realize its full potential across multiple platforms
- A broadcast journalism qualification is essential.
PERFORM creates and distributes sports content that millions of fans around the world interact with every day. PERFORM’s global content collection, production and distribution capabilities alongside industry leading digital products are unrivaled in the market and enable PERFORM to generate revenues through licensing, advertising and subscription.
Every year PERFORM produces and distributes over 43,000 live events, 4.7bn video on demand streams, 430,000 editorial articles and up to 1,600 data points for over 30,000 events across over 2,600 distribution clients.
Our direct to consumer products reach over 65m sports fans every month and includes Goal, the world’s largest football website, whilst ePlayer, the world’s largest sports video platform reaches a further 120m fans per month making PERFORM the largest digital sports advertising network.
Headquartered in London, PERFORM employs over 1,400 staff and has offices around the world. Our clients include sports federations including the ATP, WTA Tennis, Premier League and NBA as well as numerous global brands in betting, broadcast and online publishing.
HOW TO APPLY
We are excited that you are interested in joining PERFORM.
If you would like to apply for the above role, send an up-to-date CV, a covering letter, details of your salary expectations, right to work in Argentina and notice period via the apply link. Failure to send the requested information will slow down your application.
We aim to respond to your application within 48hours of receipt of the information. However due to the volume of applications we get, we are unable to respond to every single application and so, only successful applicants will be contacted. If you have not heard from us in 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful this time.
Once again thank you for wanting to be part of the PERFORM team; we have our fingers crossed for you! In the meantime browse the rest of our vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn.