Workflow Support Engineer (UK 2211) – DAZN
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
The Workflow Support Engineer will be part of a dynamic team maintaining post production workflow systems. Reporting to the Central Engineering Services Manager, the Workflow Support Engineer will work closely with the Workflow Integration Engineers and post production systems administrators.
This team defines all post production file based video and audio workflows from ingest through to global distribution. Operating in a 24/7 broadcast environment, Central Engineering teams are responsible for support and maintenance of automated file based platforms which cover most audio/video related parts of the chain from signal acquisition through to edit and on-demand delivery.
The role is well suited to post production support engineers, Broadcast IT support engineers or transcode specialists looking to build their skills and experience across broadcast, newsroom and OTT workflows focusing on support.
If you are passionate about broadcast media technologies and are interested in joining DAZN as we transform the world of sports broadcasting then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Monitor platform systems and be responsible for the technical escalation process
- Perform maintenance and periodic review of key systems and workflows
- Communicate with and provide technical assistance to operational staff
- Assist in the delivery of projects under the direction of the Workflow Integration Engineers
- Update operational documentation & training resources
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Transcode & distribution technology experience
- Workflow Automation experience – Aspera Orchestrator or similar, XML workflows
- Knowledge of monitoring Systems – Dataminer, Nagios
- Video & Audio codecs – file analysis experience
- Basic Linux Command Line knowledge
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD EXPERIENCE IN THESE AREAS TOO
- MAM & NLE – Dalet MAM, Adobe CC (Premiere, AFX), Avid Interplay, Avid Media Composer
- MAM Systems – LTO Tape libraries, Archive HSM (DIVA, Xendata), Object Matrix
- Experience of DPP file delivery framework
- Confident with Linux operating system (CentOS, RedHat)
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At DAZN we consider ourselves a progressive, brave, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media streaming company. We have a strong team with experts from Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV.
DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform. DAZN can play, pause and rewind anytime with no commercial interruptions and no long-term commitments.
DAZN is currently available in US, Canada, Japan, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com