Network Engineer (UK 1347)
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join our diverse and expanding global network support team. As a network support engineer, you will provide 2nd line support within our Leeds Network Operations Centre, delivering technical expertise to the Global Support Teams for incidents, problems, changes and service requests, while also providing support to the global project team in the successful delivery of new technologies and network developments.
You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the highest levels of service and availability within our large global network, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and other data communications systems. You will be expected to have a solid understanding of Cisco and Checkpoint products alongside an in-depth knowledge of routing protocols and VPN’s.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Provide Technical expertise to existing support teams, including training and knowledge transfer.
- Aid with the resolution of incidents, problems and changes within business service level targets.
- Support successful fulfilment of network projects and services requests within agreed timelines.
- Provide operational cover for the 24/7 NOC team, including occasional shift cover during periods of absence and key business events.
- Analyse technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration and operations.
- Communicate the value of the network to the organisation and support business cases for technology investments and strategic design requests.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within an equivalent 2nd line network support role.
- Strong demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining and developing a complex Cisco routing and switching network environment.
- Previous demonstrable experience in supporting and maintaining Checkpoint firewalls.
- Experience in F5 Loadbalances within a production network environment.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- CCNP or higher certification.
- Previous experience in development and maintenance of Solarwinds network monitoring solution.
- Previous exposure within a multicast video environment.
- ITIL foundation or higher certification.
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
With more than 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to the intersection between sports and technology.
We cover just about every aspect of digital sports media. We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, partner with the biggest rights holders including WTA, NFL, FIBA, Matchroom and CONMEBOL, produce the best content and data for broadcasters, media companies, sports teams and sponsors and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
UK Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com