Payment Operations Team Leader (POL528)
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU
As a Payment Operations Team Leader at DAZN, you will be responsible for managing the Payment Operations Central Team and overseeing the global payments ecosystem. This will include monitoring the performance of the Central Payment Operations team, empowering them to perform at a higher level and reporting back to your line manager. The Central Payment Operations team also represents the “centre of excellence” for all global Payment Operations team and will be the first line for delivering major global payment issues and fixing critical payment issues.
You will report to the Senior Product Manager Payments based in the UK but work closely alongside the UK-based Web & Acquisition Product Team, global Customer Support Teams and various development teams based around the world. Your goal is to instrument the Payments Product Roadmap as defined by the aforementioned product leads but also optimise global payments ecosystem to maximise revenue and minimise losses. Managing the Central Payment Operations team, you will also be required to delegate tasks while fostering a spirit of team-work, positive work ethic and an upbeat morale. You will also represent best practice for the other global Payment Operations teams in New York and Tokyo. This will include providing on-site training and enablement, day-to-day collaborations and delegation of work.
In this role, you will also be responsible for performing analysis on DAZN’s global payments performance, including deep-diving into transactional data to support the optimisation of acquisition rates and reduce customer churn. Over time, your growing understanding of these systems will also be vital in assisting the Quality Assurance and Customer Service teams to validate requirements. You will also be the point person for live issue investigation as well as managing and resolving a backlog of day-to-day payment issues.
This role has great potential to expand your understanding and knowledge of all aspects of online payments and e-commerce, from acquirer testing to definition of billing strategy and fraud prevention. As DAZN grows, this role will increase in responsibility. You will have support from the Product Acquisition Team based in London, Poland, Munich, New York and Tokyo to enable you to upskill in e-commerce management and analytical techniques. Furthermore, you may be required to travel abroad to support product launches and to receive training from the rest of the Payments Team.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage the Payment Operations Central Team – ensuring they hit their key deliverables and are enabled and empowered to complete their tasks.
- 30%Own the day-to-day management of the payments ecosystem including Salesforce, Zuora, Adyen and 3rd party payment method consoles such as Google Play Billing and Apple In-App Purchases
- Own the delivery of new global payment methods and the launch of new markets around the world. This will include orchestrating Finance reporting and QA testing for example
- Work with Customer Services to manage and resolve the Global Payment Issues backlog with particular focus on critical payment issues that may arise post product-launch and beyond
- Transactional analysis and Payments Ecosystem optimisation
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Strong leadership, setting a high standard by leading by example and lifting the team around you
- You are a People Person – meaning you know how to work with and manage different personalities to get the best out of people, always making time for your team and colleagues
- Organisation and efficient delivery of work – not only allocating tasks towards PayOps team member strengths but also upskilling weaknesses to prevent bottle-neck scenarios
- Effective communicator with high computer/word literacy. You are confident in contributing to senior-level stakeholder meetings, in particular for resolving and updating on critical payment issues
- You have intellectual curiosity combined with outstanding analytical skills
- Passion for customer data and customer experience
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and efficiently prioritise workloads
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience with Zuora, Salesforce, Adyen (or any Payment Service Provider)
- Experience with subscription-based products, e-commerce or online payments in general
- Experience with 3rd Party Payment consoles (Google Play Billing, Apple In-App Purchases, etc)
- Basic understanding of development and API testing (e.g. Postman, SOAP UI, etc)
- Knowledge of the Global payments landscape
- Multi-lingual – ideally English and Spanish, Portuguese or Canadian French
- Passionate about Sport
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
With more than 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to the intersection between sports and technology.
We cover just about every aspect of digital sports media. We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, partner with the biggest rights holders including WTA, NFL, FIBA, Matchroom and CONMEBOL, produce the best content and data for broadcasters, media companies, sports teams and sponsors and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY…
You’ll enjoy a competitive salary structure and the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology for the most innovative sports digital products in the industry. Here’s what you will get at Perform:
- Time for self-development at work – Project Groups
- Internal Workshops
- Soccer Business League
- Senior Working Groups
- Private medical healthcare program
- Group insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home
- Breakfasts and fruits throughout the week
- “Need-Break” Room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com