Web Developer (US 0359)
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Proactively work with the design, product and programming teams to manage and add new features to the current and new versions of the Sporting News website.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Maintain and extend front end libraries and frameworks
- Identify and resolve cross-platform compatibility and performance issues during development
- Deliver web applications to a large audience where speed and efficiency
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent knowledge of OO Server-side languages like PHP or Python
- jQuery, and an MV* framework
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, and the HTML5 specification
- Familiar with source control
- Familiar with software engineering practices such as test-driven development, automation and continuous integration
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile development methods
- Extensive experience developing frontend applications
- Experience building widgets/web components
- Experience using modern workflow tools such as Grunt, Bower, and Node
- Provide a sound portfolio of work
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
You’ll receive up to 15 days of Paid Time OFF (from the start), 9 paid holidays, Affordable Health Benefits (dental and vision included), Generous Sick Time package, Competitive Parental Leave, Short and long-term disability paid by the company, Basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company, 401(k) and a flexible work environment.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development program and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.